Champion the uniqueness of our children
12 Dec 19
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
15 August 2020
Back to menu
Back to menu
The University of Bolton’s Higher Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care (Assistant Practitioner) combines on and off-the-job learning and development, tailored to the needs of your workplace. Our flexible programme works with you to devise individual learning agreements and job descriptions for each of your apprentices. They fulfil the core and essential criteria of the Higher Apprenticeship, as well as develop the additional skills and knowledge your organisation requires for the specific clinical or professional area.
Course highlights include:
· Learning how to collaborate across professional boundaries, using evidence to support their professional decision-making, enhancing their understanding of critical issues in Health and Social Care.
· Apprentices will be supported to develop skills in research, data evaluation, critical reasoning and analysis, as well as professional communication, teamwork, problem-solving and self-reflection.
· When apprentices successfully complete the end point assessment for this course, they will be awarded a Foundation Degree (FdA) in Health and Social Care (Assistant Practitioner) from the University of Bolton and receive a Higher Apprenticeship Certificate.
· Successful apprentices will be prepared to take on more demanding roles in Health and Social Care delivery and be ready to progress to Honours-level study.
· The work-based learning of your apprentices will be supported by a Practice Trainer, a Health and Social Care professional that bridges the gap between your workplace and the University.
At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in supporting our students, so that you can go on and support others. A testament to our teaching is the fact that we have been voted as one of the top universities in the UK for teaching quality by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020.
For more information on the University of Bolton’s Health and Social Care courses, click here.