“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
The Bolton Master’s Bursary 2021 is designed to reward those students who join the University of
Bolton as graduates from a different university on a Master’s programme starting in September 2021 or January 2022.
£1000 will be paid as a tuition fee waiver and will be made over the anticipated duration of the course.
- This award is available to all Home and students with EUSS joining the University in September 2021 having graduated from a different UK university. This award is not available for International students, however, The International Excellence Scholarship Programme is available
- This award is available for full and part-time 180 credit Taught Master’s degrees. It is not available for any partial Master’s courses or any other postgraduate courses including PGCE or Cert Ed courses. Please see the terms and conditions for a list of excluded courses.
- The Master’s course must be studied on-campus at the University of Bolton and not at a
- Franchise partner location.
- This award is available only for Master’s courses commencing in September 2021 or January 2022 and no other intakes.
- Graduates must meet the normal entry requirements for the Master’s programme including the usual pre-requisite degree course.
Applying for the Bolton Master’s Bursary
Eligibility for the fee waiver will be automatically identified upon application to the University of Bolton. There will be no application process for eligible students to complete.
Students will be notified whether their application has been successful or not via their University email address after enrolment on their chosen course of study.
The Student Funding Team will then confirm the details of eligible students with the Invoicing team, who will adjust the invoices accordingly.
If you defer entry onto your course of study you will need to re-apply for the Bolton Master’s Bursary before commencement of your studies.
For further information regarding sources of funding for postgraduate study please visit: Government Funding for Full-Time Students.
Terms and Conditions
Students who interrupt, suspend or withdraw from the Master’s course will forfeit their right to the Bursary. Should they wish to re-join the course at a later date, fees will be payable for any outstanding modules not completed.
Students who transfer from BEng to MEng will not be eligible to receive the Bolton Master’s Bursary.
The Bolton Master’s Bursary shall not be awarded to full or part-time students studying PhD or MPhil courses.
The Bolton Master’s Bursary shall not be awarded for Research courses.
The Bolton Master’s Bursary will be paid for first master’s courses only, not second or subsequent courses.
Payments will be permanently terminated if the student withdraws, transfers to another institution, fails their programme of study, or interrupts or suspends their studies.
Payments of the award are made entirely at the discretion of the university.
The following courses are excluded from the scheme:
MSc Physician Associates
All ITT/PGCE courses
MA Social Work
MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
MSc Clinical Practice
MBA Global Medical Leadership
This bursary is made entirely at the discretion of the University
Mr Jonathan Stackhouse
Student Funding Advisor
Tel: 01204 903497
Mrs Carol Gray
Bursaries and Scholarships Advisor
Tel: 01204 903499
Page last reviewed and updated 29/04/21