University of Bolton, Deane Road, Bolton. BL3 5AB
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
Study with an Off-Campus Partner
Information for Parents, Guardians and Teachers
Back to menu
Visit the Bolton Students Union
A great story is told by great content; stimulate, motivate, and engage.
Digital marketing is the future. With over 50% of businesses planning to spend more on content creation, it’s never been more important to ensure you are telling a story that will resonate with your target audience.
So, if you’re looking to embark on the content creation scene, how about studying and learning all about digital content creation?
Let’s take a look at how you create great content:
Know your Audience
Before starting to develop content, you need to ensure you know who you are trying to engage with. Correctly recognising your audience will enable you to craft the right tone of voice; hopefully resonating in an authentic and engaging way. For example, you couldn’t expect secondary school students to engage in a post that is promoting pension plans!
The next step in understanding your audience is knowing where they are most likely to find your content. For instance, the most active demographic on Facebook presently is men aged 25-34, so if this matches your audience, then creating engaging content on Facebook would be relevant. Alternatively, if your audience are keen readers, you might need to look at generating more blog content.
Knowing these elements are more likely to increase your content reach and hopefully connect with more eyeballs.
Create Shareable Content
In a world where there are millions of different types of content being posted every day, people are spending more and more time scrolling through social media. Meaning if you don’t capture their attention in the first few seconds, the more likely they are to scroll past it.
A vital element of creating viral content is connecting with people to the point they want to share it.
A great way of capturing users’ attention is to keep it current; inform them of all the latest changes; whether it’s a new trend, or it’s a change in the way social media platforms are operating, there’s something new to share almost every week. Ultimately, you need to create content that is going to entertain, inform, and inspire people to watch it through to the end; only then will it make the connection you need.
Utilise Social Media Platforms
A common social media myth is that you need to be active everywhere to see results. In reality, to use social media effectively, you need to focus more attention on where your target audience is most active:
- Need to optimise trending video content on the new top search engine, then invest in TikTok!
- Looking to post more engaging image-based and video content? Check out Instagram! Did you know that 50% of Instagram’s audience is on reels? Experiment with short, clear, and concise video content
- Need to attract a slightly older audience? Get on Facebook!
- Want to attract a professional audience and appear as an expert in your field? Try LinkedIn! A B2B platform aimed at increasing professional connections, who engage in business-related posts
- Want to be the go-to source for newly released news? Twitter is your platform
Let us Support your Digital Ambitions!
Does this help your creative mindset about how to create great content? Let’s explore how the digital content creation course at Bolton University can help you succeed in a sector at the forefront of a vibrant and growing digital economy:
- The course is very hands-on and allows you to explore a wide range of digital technologies and media platforms, offering an extensive toolkit to draw from when you create your digital content
- You will gain access to our excellent media, design, and technology facilities, including a film and audio suite, a visual effects studio with an infinity curve green screen, graphics and animation studios, and fully equipped media and photography studios
- Our dedicated, creative lecturers will help you explore digital and convergence cultures, including audience development, social identity and branding, and delivery platforms
- We will encourage you to experiment and apply your knowledge in innovative and novel ways, crossing the boundaries between traditional media and emerging digital activities
- You will work with specialist staff members who have professional experience from the media and digital arts industries
At Bolton, our core focus is to expose you to a positive learning environment with small class sizes and one-to-one support. Teaching you the fundamentals of becoming the next top content creator, find out more about our BA (Hons) Digital Content Creation course.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01204 903807 to speak to our award-winning Student Services Team.
Come and enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe; putting our students, and their needs, first!