Success Criteria for Teachers
26 May 22
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
There’s no doubt about it; education helps shape lives. We can all name at least one teacher who made a real difference in our education and inspired us.
If you want to play a pivotal role in nurturing children and young people, a degree in education is a perfect career choice.
When many people think of education degrees, they think of teaching. However, there are lots of other career opportunities you can take advantage of too.
So, what career opportunities are there in the education sector? Let’s take a look…
As well as primary and secondary school teaching, there are a lot of other different roles you can move into with an education degree:
• Education officer - Works for the local council, helping oversee local learning experiences and ensuring all children get the education they need
• Family liaison - Works with families to get them the right resources, empowering parents and care givers
• Educational psychologist - Works with children and young people with emotional and social issues or learning disabilities to support them in getting the right educational resources.
• Careers guidance – Works with young people, assessing their skills and helping them into the careers that are right for them
• Social work - Improves the lives of vulnerable people, getting them the support and help they need from the local council, as well as other organisations
An education degree will teach you lots of valuable skills you can apply to your future career. Some of the skills you learn include conflict management, communication, critical thinking and reporting.
This means a degree in education can open the door to a wide range of interesting job opportunities. For example, many people with a degree in education find human resources or training and development fulfilling careers as their degree helps them understand people better.
Whether you want to move into teaching or education, we have a wide range of bachelor’s degrees that will help you achieve your career goals.
Whether you want to focus on primary school, secondary school, or the overarching practice of teaching and learning, our courses will help fulfill your needs.
As well as degrees in education, we also provide PGCE certificates and CertEds that will prepare you for the classroom.
Located in Greater Manchester, our Education and Teacher Training Department is No.1 in the UK for Course Satisfaction.* We’re proud of the positive learning experience we provide, and our students are happy with it too!
We’re currently recruiting for our January 2022 intake, meaning if your New Year’s resolution is to change careers, we can help get you qualified sooner than you think.
*The Guardian University Guide, 2022