“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
Back to menu
Did you know that there are approximately 215,400 people working as lawyers or solicitors in the United Kingdom?
This figure is growing all the time, highlighting just how competitive the legal field is!
But don’t fret; this isn’t said to worry you! A career in law is incredibly rewarding and certainly worth pursuing. However, it’s essential to distinguish yourself from the crowd to have the best chance of securing your dream job in the legal field.
One of the best ways to do this is by acquiring a LLM!
An LLM, or Master of Laws, is an advanced degree in law.
It’s suitable for:
● Law graduates
● Practicing lawyers
● Non-law graduates
This postgraduate degree will enhance your academic legal knowledge, enabling you to explore a wide range of legal concepts, principles, values, and rules of English law.
Also, when you do your LLM at the University of Bolton, you’ll be able to practice your skills in our dedicated courtroom.
How can an LLM help you become a lawyer?
There are a number of ways that acquiring an LLM can propel your career, so let’s dig a little bit deeper.
1. You can specialise in a particular area of law - From corporate law to tax law, you’ll be able to specialise in a specific area of law. This can make you more attractive to employers and clients seeking that expertise.
2. Enhance your skills - An LLM helps develop strengths in creative thinking, critical analysis, formulating, and solving complicated legal problems.
3. Grow your legal network - LLM programs often attract students from around the world, which can help you build a global network of contacts in the legal profession. Plus, you’ll meet acclaimed industry professionals.
4. Career advancement - A Masters in Law can make you more competitive in the job market and lead to higher-paying job opportunities. It can also make you more qualified for positions in academia, international organisations, or government.
5. Bar examination - In some locations, an LLM may be required or helpful in passing the bar examination or meeting other legal practice requirements.
6. Credibility - Last but not least, if you have a Masters in Law, this will definitely add to your professional credibility. It’s a symbol of your expertise!
Whether you want to deepen your knowledge in a specific area of law or broaden your legal expertise, the LLM at the University of Bolton is the perfect choice.
Studying an LLM in Greater Manchester
Located in one of the UK’s most vibrant and historic regions, the University of Bolton provides a dynamic and supportive learning environment. You can expect smaller class sizes and dedicated, experienced lecturers.
We’re committed to your future
Our LLM is designed with your future in mind. We offer a variety of modules that will help you develop specialised knowledge and skills that employers highly value.
Do you have any questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring at 01204 903903.