The Bolton Award
Interested in starting the Bolton Award? Register Now
Already signed up? Click here to visit your Workflow
The Bolton Award is an employability programme designed to develop soft skills that employers crave to compliment the skills gained on your degree. The programme is flexible so you can complete at your own pace and start at any time throughout your degree. Any undergraduate or postgraduate student at the university is eligible to complete the award.
The Bolton Award Programme
You can start whenever you want during your course and finish it at your own pace, whether it takes you three months or three years! The Bolton Award has been designed to be flexible and work around you and your studies.The Bolton Award has three tiers; Silver, Gold and Platinum, so how far you progress through the award and how much time you dedicate to it is entirely up to you.
Bolton Award Benefits
- Extensive support from our Careers Team to develop employability skills
- Gain valuable experience to bolster your CV
- Meet new people and take advantage of opportunities you were unaware of
- A fully recognised achievement that is viewable by employers on your HEAR
The Bolton Award will be relaunching with a new and improved user experience in September 2023. Sign up will be available through this page from 01 September 2023.
- Do I need to complete Silver to progress to Gold?
Yes, the Bolton Award is designed to be gradual progression with each stage building off the last. You will need to complete the Silver before the Gold.
- I already work, can this count towards the Bolton Award?
Paid employment, work experience, volunteering, and student roles gained before commencing the Award can contribute up to 7.5 hours of the 15 hours you need to complete.
- What support is available?
You will have extensive access to the Careers Team, who are knowledgeable on all matters related to your career. You can also contact us on 01204 903 080 or email@example.com if you have any issues you would like to discuss.
- How can I find opportunities to build hours towards the award?
We have a Blog where we post volunteering organisations with opportunities for students and how to contact them. We also have a jobs board on Student Hub with local opportunities in the surrounding area. For enrichment hours, please visit the Bolton Students’ Union as all of their activities count towards the award also.
- I do not have an email contact for something that I have attended. How can I get these hours approved?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org including some details about the event and the Project Officer will approve your hours for you.
- How does the Bolton Award link to the HEAR?
The Bolton Award is an approved activity for inclusion on the HEAR. It will appear in Section 6.1. The official HEAR information page on StudentHub should be able to answer your questions. If you have any other questions about HEAR please email email@example.com
- How do I get in touch with you?
If you have any other questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop by the Careers Service in Chancellors Mall