“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
Back to menu
A career in nursing is certainly challenging, however, there are few roles that could offer such high job satisfaction. However, when we think about what the most rewarding careers are, it has to be at the top. Of course, though, as with every industry, people’s circumstances change. The average person is known to have 12 different jobs in their lifetime, and nurses are no different.
So, if you’re an experienced NHS professional looking for the next career step or are simply looking for a change of direction or to increase your employment prospects, keep reading as we could have the perfect solution for you.
Our Partnership with Bradford College
At the University of Bolton, providing employment opportunities to both our undergraduate and postgraduate students is one of the things we are most proud of. In a nutshell, our partner satellite college in Bradford was set-up to support the development of the future local nursing workforce. From the beginning of your journey, we offer you opportunities and support to gain the teaching and qualifications you need to succeed. Upon completion of your studies, you will become registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
As a university, we are looking to expand our provision in Bradford. That’s why, whether you come from an NHS Trust, private healthcare, or another educational establishment, we would love to meet you. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for a full-time or part-time role, or if you are looking to progress in your current lecturer post, we welcome all healthcare professionals. Our aim is to maintain and grow our outstanding reputation for quality teaching and student satisfaction*.
If you’re interested in a career as a lecturer in nursing and want to see what a career at our partner college in Bradford could offer you, stay tuned for more details. You never know, you could find yourself earning a lecturer salary of £38,591 to £44,737 per annum!
Benefits of Working for the University of Bolton (Bradford College Satellite Centre)
There are several benefits of working for our partner college:
- Personal development – There’s a range of staff development courses to help you develop your professional development
- Flexible working – The university provides a supportive and flexible learning environment that helps you manage everyday living
- Equality and diversity – The university is committed to promoting equality and diversity and provides a discrimination-free environment
- Health and wellbeing – We offer discounted private medical insurance plans via AXA PPP Healthcare Ltd, as well as free eye tests for all staff
- Leave entitlement – You will gain a generous amount of annual leave, as well as a shutdown period over Christmas and New Year
- Bolton benefits – This gives you access to a range of discounts on travel bookings, high-street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day-to-day spending
How the Programme has Helped Previous NHS Professionals
The University of Bolton’s partnership with Bradford College has helped several healthcare practitioners in the past, but don’t just take our word for it:
“I started at the University of Bolton in 2019 as a Senior Lecturer on the FDsc HE Trainee Nursing Associate Programme, prior to this I was a Stroke Clinical Nurse Specialist at a local NHS Trust. I was very well supported in my role as a Senior Lecturer with formal mentoring, a great team to support me with my professional development as well as close work with the line manager to enable me to excel in my role. I now support staff with their professional development. It is an extremely rewarding role, where you get to shape the future workforce through pre-registration education and beyond.”
- Aleeza Khan | Programme Lead | Senior Lecturer
For more information on how you can pursue a career as a nursing lecturer at our Bradford College Satellite Centre, please contact Simon Booth at email@example.com or call him on 01204 903503.
*Complete University Guide – Student Satisfaction – Northwest - 2023