The University Hardship Fund can help with a range of course-related expenses including books and equipment, childcare, travel or general living costs.
There are certain priority groups that include:
- Students with children – especially lone parents
- Mature students – especially those with existing financial commitments
- Students from low income families
- Disabled students
- Students who have entered HE from care
- Students in their final year of study
Those who qualify for help will not have to repay any money allocated from the fund, unless of course they withdraw or cease to be a student with us, as the award is given in the form of a grant.
The fund can be used to help home students who are either full-time or part-time and studying on an undergraduate, postgraduate or further education courses.
Application forms are available from the Student Centre, Chancellors Mall.
Page last reviewed and updated April 2016.