Welcome to Education
The subject area of Education sits within the School of Education & Psychology. There are a wide range of Education programmes at Bolton including initial teacher education and preparation programmes for the Professional, Further, Higher and Skills sectors, vocationally focused CPD programmes, a full BA (Hons) and Masters or Doctorate programmes.
We are a diverse team of highly experienced, professionally and academically qualified staff and we look forward to welcoming you to our School. We have a long history of providing Education programmes which are frequently updated to ensure they continue to meet the professional needs of those involved in education and also to meet new and emerging trends for example transnational education, digital literacy and the University’s TIRI (teaching intensive research informed) agenda. Our ‘Centre for Pedagogy’ has held two successful events and we intend continuing to build on this success in partnership with our students.
Please have a look at the menu on this page and find a course that suits your needs, we hope to see you at one of our open days, or feel free to contact staff directly for further information on courses of interest to you.
Our Education courses are in the top 10 in the UK for Teaching Quality (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017)
- Bursaries of up to £25,000 offered to teach maths, English
- Excellent value for money - compare with other universities
- Established industry contacts, giving access to work placements and future employment
- Highly experienced staff, all of whom have published academic books or papers
- Flexible courses fit for purpose and designed for your current role and future careers roles