Research interests within the Engineering, Sports and Sciences subject group span the key areas of the group: Built Environment, Biological Sciences, General Engineering, Materials, and Mathematics.
Inclusive and Sustainable Environments (IaSE)
Research in the Built Environment is represented by the Inclusive and Sustainable Environments (IaSE) research group. IaSE creates a focus for the development and growth of research in Built Environment disciplines through themed research sub-groups and cross-disciplinary networks.
The Inclusive and Sustainable Environments (IaSE) research group creates a focus for the development and growth of research in Built Environment and related disciplines through themed research sub-groups and cross-disciplinary networks.
"Supporting the Built and Human Environments through research"
To develop research and development in the built environment in collaboration with industry
IaSE Research Sub-Groups
- Regeneration and Facilities Management
- Construction and Health and Safety Management
- Construction Materials and Structures
IaSE Research Areas
- Building Structures and Materials
- Computational Mechanics
- Construction Management
- Drainage and Groundwater
- Facilities Management
- Housing Management and Maintenance
- Pedagogy in the Built Environment
- Project Management
- Structural Engineering and Modelling
- Sustainable Construction and Development
- Urban Regeneration and Sustainable Communities
For more information on our research, research degrees or to discuss research partnerships or opportunities, please contact Dr Margaret Nelson , Research Team Leader, Inclusive and Sustainable Environments