Our Medical Biology degrees offer you the opportunity to explore medical biochemistry, molecular genetics, medical microbiology, cancer biology, neurobiology, clinical examination skills and tissue engineering. And you won't just study the theory – you'll also get plenty of chances to develop your practical and research skills in our laboratory sessions.
Welcome to Biology
- Above average graduate starting salaries - compare salaries with other universities
- The Complete University Guide 2016 ranks our Biological Sciences courses first in the North West for graduate prospects.
- We’re based in the Queens Specialist Building, which offers modern teaching laboratories and classrooms, plus a high-spec instrumentation laboratory, microscopy facility, microbiology laboratory and tissue engineering suite, all dedicated to undergraduate teaching.
- By inviting experts in specialist areas of biology to give guest lectures and provide an overview of their research and professional experience, we aim to enhance your learning and help you to make contacts in the industry.
- We prefer to keep lecture and practical classes relatively small, so that you have plenty of opportunities to ask our friendly, supportive tutors for help, as well as benefit from the ideas and support offered by your classmates.