Welcome to our professional practice mentor and assessor website. We would like to thank you for agreeing to mentor and/or assess one of our trainee teachers. This website provides general information and updates to all current mentors and assessors and their line managers, as well as providing a means of completing mentor and assessor training.
The links and resources on this page are intended to give you an overview of the Initial Teacher Education (ITE) programme and help you understand what is required in order to fulfil your role as mentor and/or assessor.
The support we receive from all our mentors and assessors is invaluable and certainly very much appreciated by the trainees themselves. A positive experience in the teaching placement has a large impact on the trainees’ progress and development. Therefore this website is designed to assist you in this role. Each year we collate and summarise all mentor evaluation sheets and update our mentor guidance and training accordingly. We hope you enjoy your mentoring and assessing experience.
About the programme
The Programme runs in association with Bolton College, Bury College, Brooksby Melton College, Salford City College, Skills Solutions and Aquinas College, Stockport.
- Robert Anacreonte, Bolton College Centre Leader, 01204 482 956 firstname.lastname@example.orgR1553238118
- Sara Brett, Bury College Centre Leader, 0161 280 8209 ku.ca1553238118.egel1553238118locyr1553238118ub@tt1553238118erB.a1553238118raS1553238118
- Deb Fisk, Brooksby Melton College Centre Leader, 01664 850 850 ext 819 ku.ca1553238118.notl1553238118emybs1553238118koorb1553238118@spro1553238118cnepp1553238118uta1553238118
- Karen Lowe, Salford College Centre Leader, 0161 631 5589 ku.ca1553238118.ccdr1553238118oflas1553238118@ewoL1553238118.nera1553238118K1553238118
- Rose Davies, The Growth Company Centre Leader, 0161 245 4925 moc.o1553238118cslli1553238118kseht1553238118@seiv1553238118aD.ei1553238118rames1553238118oR1553238118
- Michelle Fletcher, Aquinas College Centre Leader, ku.ca1553238118.sani1553238118uqa@f1553238118fatso1553238118rm1553238118
The University of Bolton is one of the largest providers of professional development for teachers and trainers in the FE and Skills Sector in England. The Initial Teacher Education Scheme 14+ is designed to provide trainee teachers with opportunities to acquire the knowledge and skills needed for teaching in the FE and Skills Sector of education. The courses are recognised by the Education and Training Foundation and meet the national standards for ITE.
Strong partnership links exist between the University of Bolton and providers of education across the sector including: FE and 6th Form Colleges, community based provision, offender learning, drug rehabilitation centres, specialist independent day/residential colleges, training agencies, charities, Learn Direct centres, exclusion units, pre-employment and the work-based sector. These institutions work with us to provide placements for the Professional Practice element of the programme.