TEF Silver Award

Your Tier 4 visa has been granted for you to study full-time at the University of Bolton. Whilst you are studying at the university with a Tier 4 visa there are responsibilities on you as a student which must be met.

Responsibilities of students

  • Enrol and re-enrol each academic year with the university during the enrolment/re-enrolment period. Students who have been granted Tier 4 leave and who do not enrol/re-enrol will be reported to UKVI.
  • Allow the university to take a copy of your current valid passport and visa/Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) at enrolments/re-enrolments and during the Tier 4 census checks.
  • If your passport and/or visa is updated or renewed or your immigration status changes during your studies you must present inform the Immigration and Welfare Office and present your new documents.
  • Ensure the university has your correct contact details (address, telephone number and email address). It is also important to ensure that you update your address and contact details with UKVI. You can do this online by clicking here.  If you have registered with the Police you must update your police registration certificate if your address in the UK changes.
  • Attend teaching sessions, tutorials and other attendances as required by your course. Students who fail to meet the requirements for attendance will be reported to UKVI.
  • Engage with and make academic progress on your course.
  • Inform the university immediately if you decide that you need to defer or suspend your studies or withdraw from your course. Students who are no longer studying will be reported to UKVI.
  • If you suspend your studies, withdraw from your course or you finish your course earlier than expected you will be required to leave the UK and must inform the Immigration and Welfare Officer of your travel plans.
  • Ensure that you continue to retain a valid visa by extending or applying for a new visa before your current visa expires.

Last reviewed October 2017.