School of Engineering
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
Study with an Off-Campus Partner
Information for Parents, Guardians and Teachers
Back to menu
Visit the Bolton Students Union
• PhD in cogeneration, University of Bolton 2007
• MSc in thermodynamics, Birmingham University 1987
• PGD in fuel and Energy, Leeds University 1986
• 7307 Teaching Training course, BMC 1991
• Member of the IET
• Worked with Richard Thretfold ltd company in 1988
• Worked at the university of Bolton since 1988 and currently the course leader for the Engineering foundation year.
• Chairman of the Iraqi community group in Bolton
• Member of the Iraqi engineering association in uk
• Subject specialists in Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics at all levels
• Part of the Science/Mathematics team at all levels.
• Part of Engineering Materials team for BEng (hons) Mechanical, Automobile
• Member of the Knowledge Transfer networks, and the combined Heat and Power club
• Fellow of the HEA
• Chartered Engineer
• External Examiner to HNC/Foundation Degree at 9 Colleges on behalf of Staffordshire University from October 2010 till September 2014.
• External Examiner to Engineering Foundation /Degree programme from September 2014 till 2018 at Southampton Solent University.
• 1986-87: 5 months research in two-phase flow at Salford University
• 1987-88: 6 months research in the performance characteristics of radial compressors at Birmingham University
• 1990-91: Design of a pedal car
• 1990-91: Metal heat treatment
• 1991-92: History and future of hydroelectric power
• 1991-92: Alternative energy
• 1992-93: Gas turbine engines
• 1992-93: Solar energy
• 1993-94: Upgrading of standard specification road vehicle engines for improved performance
• 1993-94: Vehicle ignition systems
• 1993-94: Refrigerant, the environment, the future
• 1993-94: Heat pump in industry
• 1998-99: Small Scale CHP – an investigation into the role of the spark plug within ICE. Stepping on the Gas (LPG)
• 1999-2000: Renewable Energy – heat recovery on diesel engine
• 2000-2001: Small Scale CHP
• 2001-20002: Atmospheric pollutions
• 2002 – 2003: Solar energy
• 2003- 2004: Wind energy
• 2004 -2005: Tidal energy
• 2005-2006: Micro CHP
• 2006- 2007: Cogeneration
• 2007 – 2008: Incineration plants
• 2009- 2009 CHP design for small town
• 2009- 2010 solar power investigation
• 2010 - 2011 future of alternative energy
• 2011-2012 safety of nuclear power generation
• 2012 up-to-date renewable/waste and CHP
• Saeed, S.A.M ,Evaluation of performance characteristics of radial compressor for van less diffuser Proceeding of the 28th International Universities Power Engineering Conference, Staffordshire University, Stafford, UK, (CD ROM), September1993.
• Saeed, S.A.M., Chirwa, C. and Al-Tai, M.A.: "Very Small Scale Combined Heat and Power System (Heat Recovery)" Proceeding of the 35th International Universities Power Engineering Conference, Queens University of Belfast, Belfast, UK, (CD ROM), September 2000.
• Saeed, S.A.M., Chirwa, C. and Al-Tai, M.A.: "The Design of Shells and Tubes for Heat Exchangers of a Very Small Scale Combined Heat and Power System" Proceeding of the 37th International Universities Power Engineering Conference, Staffordshire University, UK, Vol 2, pp 769-773, ISBN: 1-904133-07-X/1-904133-08-8 UK, September 2002.
• Saeed, S.A.M., Chirwa, C. and Al-Tai, M.A.: "An Investigation into the Causes and Evaluation of Possible Solutions to a Heat Exchanger Tube Fouling used in Combined Heat and Power System" Proceeding of the 37th International Universities Power Engineering Conference, Staffordshire University, UK, Vol 2, pp 866-869, ISBN: 1-904133-07-X/1-904133-08-8 UK, September 2002.
• Alhakeem, S.A.M. and Al-Tai, M.A.: "Utilization of Micro Combined Heat and Power System using Alternative Fuels" Accepted for publication in the Proceeding of the 42nd International Universities Power Engineering Conference, University of Brighton, UK, September 2007.
• Alhakeem, S.A.M. and Al-Tai, M.A : "Practical Application and Analysis of Micro CHP" accepted for the publication in the proceeding of the 50th International Universities Power Engineering Conference, Staffordshire University ,Uk September 2015.
• Fluid mechanics
• Material science
• Thermal science
• Engineering principles
• Engineering system
• Industrial and environmental aspects
• Global environmental issues
• Foundation mechanics
• Engineering science
• English, Arabic
School of Engineering