School of Engineering
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
07 November 2020
12 November 2020
18 November 2020
05 December 2020
09 December 2020
Back to menu
Back to menu
Back to menu
Dr Kelvin Anoh is a Lecturer in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Bolton, Bolton, United Kingdom. He received the PhD degree in Telecommunications Engineering from the University of Bradford, UK in 2015 and the MSc degree in Data Telecommunications and Networks from the University of Salford, Manchester, UK in 2010. Before these, he received the BSc (Hons) degree in Industrial Physics from Ebonyi State University, Nigeria in 2006 where he graduated as the best student in class. He joined the University of Bolton, UK as a lecturer in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in 2019. Previously, he was a postdoctoral research associate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK, where he worked on several projects relating to smart grids and smart energy cities between 2016 and 2019. Dr Anoh worked on the EPSRC funded project on “Smart In-building Microgrid for Energy Management” and the €30M “Triangulum” Project on Smart Cities funded by the European Commission. He also worked on the £1.2M EPSRC funded project on “Peer-to-Peer Energy Trading and Sharing - 3M (Multi-times, Multi-scales, Multi-qualities)” with partners from University of Oxford, Imperial College, University of Bath and South Korean. He defended his PhD thesis without corrections. Dr Anoh has been a Visiting Research Fellow to University of Novi Sad, Serbia, since 2017 and he is a Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy.
Current Research Interests:
• Smart Energy Cities.
• Renewable Energy Systems.
• Technology-Assisted Living.
• Intelligent infrastructure – smart building, smart transport, smart grids, etc.
• Optimisation techniques, e.g. distributed optimisation for smart energy city applications.
• Digital Signal Processing and Communication Systems.
• Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence for communication and energy systems.
Awards & Prizes:
• Received a best paper Award at the ICFNDS conference held at University of Cambridge, UK in 2017.
• An EPSRC completed Project on “Smart In-Building Microgrid for Energy Management” was recognised as the Winner of the Knowledge Transfer Award” in 2016, and was also awarded the “Outstanding Knowledge Transfer Award” Winner in 2016.
• Received Fully Sponsored MSc and PhD scholarships (simultaneously), on Merit, from a Nigerian Government in 2009 as the best graduating student in class.
• Ms Olamide Jogunola
Selected recent publications:
• K. Anoh, S. Maharjan, A. Ikpehai, Y. Zhang and B. Adebisi, “Energy Peer-to-Peer Trading in Virtual Microgrids in Smart Grids: A Game-Theoretic Approach,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Aug. 2019. doi: 10.1109/TSG.2019.2934830
• A. Ikpehai, B. Adebisi, K. Rabie, K. Anoh, …, U. Mbanaso, “Low-Power Wide Area Network Technologies for Internet-of-Things: A Comparative Review,” IEEE Journal of Internet of Things, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 2225-2240, April 2019. doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2018.2883728
• K. Anoh, B. Adebisi, S. Mahama, A. Gibson and H. Gacanin, “Interference-Free Space-Time Block Codes with Directional Beamforming for Future Networks,” IEEE COMCAS 2019 – International Conference on Microwaves, Communications, Antennas, Electronic Systems, Tel Aviv, Israel 2019
• K. Anoh, D. Bajovic, A. Ikpehai, B. Adebisi, D. Vukobratovic, “Enabling Peer to Peer Energy Trading in Virtual Microgrids with LP-WAN,” 18th IEEE International Conference on Smart Technologies, EUROCON - 2019.
• D. Vukobratovic, D. Bajovic, K. Anoh and B. Adebisi, "Distributed Energy Trading via Cellular Internet of Things and Mobile Edge Computing," ICC 2019 - 2019 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Shanghai, China, 2019, pp. 1-7. doi: 10.1109/ICC.2019.8761880.
• K. Anoh, A. Ikpehai, B. Adebisi, K. Rabie, W. Popoola and H. Gacanin, “OFDM Systems Design Using Harmonic Wavelets,” IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (IEEE WCNC 2019).
• B. Adebisi, K. Anoh and K. M. Rabie, "Enhanced Nonlinear Companding Scheme for Reducing PAPR of OFDM Systems," in IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 65-75, March 2019. doi: 10.1109/JSYST.2018.2851847
• B. Adebisi, K. Anoh, K. M. Rabie, A. Ikpehai, M. Fernando and A. Wells, "A New Approach to Peak Threshold Estimation for Impulsive Noise Reduction Over Power Line Fading Channels," IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 1682-1693, June 2019. doi: 10.1109/JSYST.2018.2808230
• K. Anoh, D. Bajovic, D. Vukobratovic, B. Adebisi, D. Jakovetic and M. Cosovic, "Distributed Energy Trading with Communication Constraints," 2018 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe (ISGT-Europe), Sarajevo, 2018, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/ISGTEurope.2018.8571810
• K. Anoh, B. Adebisi, K. M. Rabie and H. Gacanin, "Optimization of Impulsive Noise Mitigation Scheme for PAPR Reduced OFDM Signals over Powerline Channels," 2018 IEEE 87th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), Porto, 2018, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/VTCSpring.2018.8417536
• K. Anoh, B. Adebisi, K. M. Rabie and C. Tanriover, "Root-Based Nonlinear Companding Technique for Reducing PAPR of Precoded OFDM Signals," IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 4618-4629, 2018. doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2779448
• K. Anoh, C. Tanriover, B. Adebisi and M. Hammoudeh, "A New Approach to Iterative Clipping and Filtering PAPR Reduction Scheme for OFDM Systems," IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 17533-17544, 2018. doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2751620
• K. Anoh, B. Adebisi, K. M. Rabie, M. Hammoudeh and H. Gacanin, "On Companding and Optimization of OFDM Signals for Mitigating Impulsive Noise in Power-Line Communication Systems," IEEE Access, vol. 5, pp. 21818-21830, 2017. doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2747629
• K. Anoh, C. Tanriover and B. Adebisi, "On the Optimization of Iterative Clipping and Filtering for PAPR Reduction in OFDM Systems," in IEEE Access, vol. 5, pp. 12004-12013, 2017. doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2711533