No matter how good your qualifications are, you still need to shine when completing your job applications. We understand that it’s not easy applying for jobs and that advertised vacancies can attract hundreds of applications for just one position. We can help you to stand out from the crowd.Log-in to Student Hub
Whether you’re searching for a graduate job, summer internship or part-time work alongside your studies, we can offer information and advice to support you in applying for work.
Application processes vary depending on role and employer, but many core elements are shared.
We deliver a range of interactive workshops and have many resources on the following topics:
- CVs – many part-time jobs, and some full-time positions, will ask you to apply with a CV and covering letter. Click on the yellow button above to access information and resources which will help you to write a winning CV
- Covering letter – is your targeted application to an employer, usually accompanied by your CV. Click on the yellow button above to access more resources on what to write to make your covering letter attract attention and show you in your best light
- Application forms – working on an application form? Click on the yellow button above for top tips for completing your applications and help with the tougher questions
- Postgraduate applications – applications for postgraduate study differ greatly. Click on the yellow button above and take a look at our information about further study which includes hints and tips on how best to apply
- Interviews – are you worried about a forthcoming interview? Are you unsure of the preparation needed? Click on the yellow button above and read our hints and tips. You can also book an appointment to see a Careers Adviser for a mock interview
- Assessment centres – unsure of what an assessment centre might look like? Do you want more information on the activities you will be asked to undertake? Click on the yellow button above for more information
- About us
- Book a careers appointment
- Careers service policies
- Current students
- Employers on campus
- Prospective students