The mission of the Careers Service is to provide quality, timely and impartial careers information. We also offer advice and guidance, in order to improve the employability of prospective students, current students and graduates
To fulfil the mission, the Careers Service aims to:
- Deliver in partnership with academic staff and employers, opportunities for students to develop the necessary skills and attributes needed to secure employment
- Deliver a high-quality careers guidance and vacancy service which supports our students and graduates to achieve their career aspirations
- Present reliable and clear information about the services we can provide to students, graduates, employers and staff
- Offer our graduates the support needed to make an effective transition from university to employment
- Engage with employers on both a local and national basis in order to increase work experience opportunities and training
- Support staff in developing employability within the curriculum and the student learner experience
Careers Education Information Advice & Guidance (CEIAG) policy
The University of Bolton values the provision of careers advice and guidance and has therefore produced a policy document which outlines how CEIAG will be delivered and the responsibilities for this delivery.
Statements of service
The Careers Service strives to deliver a professional service that meets the needs of all of its stakeholders including prospective students, current students, graduates and employers. The Statements of Service below highlight our commitment to service delivery and quality of provision, and outline the careers facilities and services that you can expect.
Equality & diversity
In-line with the University of Bolton’s commitment to equality and diversity, the Careers Service is committed to supporting a diverse student and graduate population. Meeting all students particular needs and eliminating discrimination.
As a department, we support and promote equality in the services we offer and to the clients and employers we work with. For further information see our Equality & diversity statement.
- About us
- Book a careers appointment
- Careers service policies
- Current students
- Employers on campus
- Prospective students