Who we are
Our team is made up of people with an incredible amount of experience who can help you on your career journey. We are a small and friendly team based within the Student Centre, off Chancellor’s Mall.
Why speak to us
You’ve invested a great deal in your future by choosing to study at the university, and when you’ve finished we want to ensure you’re equipped with the skills knowledge and confidence to find and make the most of opportunities.
To support you in this, we have designed a range of activities to help you during your university time. These services are open to all no matter what academic year or level you are at.
What we do
We seek to equip every Bolton student with the skills to make the most of their opportunities, working with your Academic Department to provide career development within your course.
At each stage we also offer a range of other events and activities to build skills and experience helping you to stand out from the crowd; for the right reasons!
- Information on different career paths
- Information on job opportunities (nationally & locally)
- The opportunity to gain a range of employability skills and graduate attributes
- The chance to build your contacts and networking opportunities
- The chance to explore self-employment opportunities
- Support to complete application forms, CVs and covering letters
- Support to find placements, internships, graduate vacancies and postgraduate courses
- A range of resources and career guides that will help you in your job search
You can find out about all of these by visiting our Student Hub portal.
Our full services are available to:
- Current full and part-time university undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Former students of the University of Bolton who graduated or withdrew in the last three years
We offer limited services, at the discretion of Careers Service staff to:
- Students and graduates of other UK Higher Education institutions
- Former students who left more than three years ago
- Adults interested in Higher Education careers related matters
- Prospective University of Bolton students
Services to employers and voluntary organisations:
- We advertise vacancies and general career-related information free-of-charge
- Organisations can advertise their job opportunities on campus free-of-charge
- Organisations can exhibit at the annual Careers Fair free-of-charge as long as they have real opportunities to promote
The National Careers Guidance Service is a government funded service providing information and advice to support adults in learning and work, via email, telephone and online.
- About us
- Book a careers appointment
- Careers service policies
- Current students
- Employers on campus
- Prospective students