Eight University of Bolton academic and professional services staff members have been awarded long service awards this year, marking a total of 190 years’ service to the University.
Many of these colleagues attended the annual celebration event that took place on Wednesday 29 January 2020, alongside their guests and line managers. During the event, the Deputy Vice Chancellor gave a speech thanking the recipients for their contribution to the University. The President & Vice Chancellor, Professor George Holmes, also attended to extend his thanks to those at the event.
The employee’s celebrating their long service this year are:
- Liz Spiller, Senior Exchequer Administrator – Finance Office
- Dr Carl Bridge, Academic Operations Lead – Institute of Management
- Ian Thompson, IT Support Officer – Information, Systems & Technology
- Gary Burns, E-Learning Systems Officer – Information, Systems & Technology
- Dr Ann Kolodziejski, Senior Lecturer – School of Sport & Biomedical Sciences
- Samantha McCarthy, Academic Administrator – Academic Support Services
- Alan Buckingham, Senior Lecturer – School of the Arts
- Ian Moth, IT Support Team Leader – Information, Systems & Technology
Chris McClelland, Executive Director of HR, said “The University really appreciates the contribution of dedicated and loyal serving colleagues. I’d like to thank those colleagues who’ve dedicated much of their careers to the University. Their commitment to their roles and our institution is incredible.”