Whatever stage you are at with your career planning, from fresher to final year and beyond, the Careers and Employability Service is here to help!
Log in to our online portal to view our vacancies database which is updated on a daily basis. This is available for all University of Bolton students, recent graduates and postgraduates. Vacancy types include full-time, part-time, summer and seasonal and placement opportunities.
Careers & Employability Resources
Our team based in the careers office can support you to access the full range of resources on offer, from paper-based materials to computer packages and websites.
The following resources and information is available:
- Employer Directories: at the beginning of each academic year, the Careers Service recieves copies of Prospects directories, which list a large range of graduate employers. Call in and collect your own personal copy. This information can also be accessed on-line.
- Journals and Specialist Guides: the Careers Service also gets other publications throughout the year, such as Real World, GTI Target, Target Jobs, Guardian UK 300 etc.
- Student Guides: the Careers Service produce a range of guides on job search techniques and career planning. These are available in hard copy from the careers office.
Also, wherever possible, we will endeavour to provide information in a range of formats that meet students individual needs.
We can help you to:
- Apply for graduate jobs and check your job applications
- Direct you to relevant careers information
- Research your career ideas
- Update and develop your CV and covering letter
- Develop and help you to assess your employability skills
- Help you to create a LinkedIn profile
- Apply for further study
- Prepare for assessment centres and psychometric tests
- Prepare for interviews
It doesn’t matter if you are unsure about your future, or you want to explore options further, we can offer a range of support to suit all career needs.