University of Bolton, Deane Road, Bolton. BL3 5AB
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
Study with an Off-Campus Partner
Information for Parents, Guardians and Teachers
Back to menu
Visit the Bolton Students Union
The world has a constant need for new medicines to ensure that in a battle between humans and diseases, humans win every time. Therefore, biomedical science is an industry that is rapidly expanding with the development of new careers and different specialisms emerging. Like with most career paths, a key consideration is deciding on the route to pursue to achieve your ambitions.
This blog explores some of the options available to you with a biomedical science degree and determines if it is a worthwhile investment in your future.
What can you do with a degree in biomedical science?
A degree in biomedical science can open the door to a range of career opportunities:
- Biomedical Scientist
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Scientist
- Forensic Scientist
- Physician Associate
Additionally, biomedical science graduates often catch the attention of several well-known industry employers:
- Health and Safety Executive
- Medical Research Council
- NHS, including the Blood and Transplant Service
- UK Health Security Agency
Enjoy a Well-Paid Career!
How does a £25,655 starting salary sound? This is the reality for biomedical science graduates, with the potential of rising to £45,839 per annum as your career progresses.
Study Biomedical Science at Bolton
Out of 141 UK universities, you need to be sure that you are choosing one that is going to put your needs above everything... Welcome to #UniAsItShouldBe, a friendly and supportive learning environment.
As a BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science student at the University of Bolton, we have a team of lecturers who are committed to supporting you in gaining the understanding that underpin careers in a wide variety of professions, such as working in hospital and commercial laboratories, biomedical research, and postgraduate study.
Let’s have a look at some of the key highlights that students benefit from during their studies:
- Based in the multi-million-pound Queen’s Specialist Building, students learn in modern teaching laboratories and classrooms, a high-spec instrumentation laboratory, a microscopy facility, a microbiology laboratory and a tissue engineering suite
- Interested in learning about anatomy and physiology? Study a specific course in spacious clinics that can be found in our £31 million Bolton One building
- Study modules including medical biochemistry, molecular genetics, medical microbiology, clinical immunology, haematology, and transfusion science
- Enjoy smaller class sizes with more opportunities to receive close support from our passionate lecturers
- Benefit from guest lectures from biomedicine and biology experts; ensuring that the course content remains up-to-date with the latest industry practices
- Attend an annual careers event inspired by the career journeys of biomedical experts
Does Bolton have what it takes to support your career ambitions in an evolving biomedical science field? Click on the BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science course details to learn more.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 01204 903903.