University of Bolton, Deane Road, Bolton. BL3 5AB
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
Study with an Off-Campus Partner
Information for Parents, Guardians and Teachers
Back to menu
Visit the Bolton Students Union
Do you love watching all the innovative ideas being pitched to the dragons by passionate entrepreneurs on the Dragon's Den T.V programme? How many times have you imagined yourself in their shoes? If all your dreams are centred around innovating and starting your own business, you are already on the entrepreneurial career path. But it's never that simple to come up with an idea, create a start-up and make it successful. A lot goes into entrepreneurship, so let's explore what skills are needed.
The Skills Game
While having a practical and powerful business idea is a must, you also need power-packed skills to enter this game.
You need to be a good leader. You must be able to navigate the firm forwards in a steadfast manner. Entrepreneurial people are visionary leaders who can predict the future, plan efficaciously and execute flawlessly.
Good entrepreneurial businesspeople never stop learning. While it's okay to turn your hobby into a business, you still need to learn the tricks of the trade. For instance, seeking formal education and professional training by opting for degree courses is a great way of sharpening your skills.
Entrepreneurial life is filled with many challenges. If you are easily fazed by problems, then you may find it difficult to last in this industry. If you can anticipate problems before they occur and come up with viable solutions, you’re on your way to becoming a successful business owner.
Getting The Right Education
The University of Bolton offers one of the UK's first accelerated Business Start-Up degrees. This course stands out because it offers an opportunity to learn by partnering with real businesses. This provides more hands-on training to students and equips them with a host of skills and knowledge that prepares them for the world of entrepreneurship.
The BSc (Hons) in Business Start-Up degree offers:
- Tailored Teaching & Assessment
- Personalised Business Support
- Opportunities To Build a Credible Business Network
- Business Skills Development
- Financial Planning Advice
- Business Strategy Development
Why Choose the University of Bolton?
If you have entrepreneurial ambitions, and a mind full of innovative business ideas, the University of Bolton’s BSc (Hons) in Business Start-Up degree program can help you develop your skills further and take you closer to bringing your ideas to life.
- Our business management and marketing courses have been voted first for Student Experience.
- Our students gain access to our business start-up support network, meaning they benefit from the advice and guidance of a business mentor who will support them in developing their business ideas, due to more one-to-one love.
- We use smaller groups and tutorial teaching so you will benefit from the professional knowledge of our lecturers.
- Some of the course modules support you in taking a deep dive into your business to investigate business opportunities and problems, helping you devise realistic and implementable solutions.
- The University of Bolton is home to our £4 million Institute of Management building; located in Bolton town centre.
Ready to become successful? Let us help you pursue your business dreams and become the next big thing in your industry.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01204 903807 for more information regarding the course.
At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in helping our students' careers become a reality.