University of Bolton, Deane Road, Bolton. BL3 5AB
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
Study with an Off-Campus Partner
Information for Parents, Guardians and Teachers
Back to menu
Visit the Bolton Students Union
When thinking about human society, people are at the forefront of your mind. The term ‘human’ relates to living people, and ‘society’ refers to the people in general who are thought of as a large group. But, what’s the value of combining these two words?
This blog explores human society in more in-depth and how caring-minded graduates can benefit from an MSc Human Society (with Specialism) degree.
So, what can you do with a master’s degree in human society?
Are you interested in being the first point-of-contact for employees looking out for their wellbeing and career? A human resource manager or HR supervisor is responsible for coordinating all the administrative activities that are related to an organisation’s workforce. Daily responsibilities can include developing recruitment strategies, implementing systems for managing staff benefits, career development, behaviour, as well as taking control of onboarding new employees.
If you are looking for a rewarding career, HR departments are vital for businesses in terms of maintaining positive employee satisfaction levels; happy employees don’t just mean lower staff turnover, it leads to greater productivity!
Perhaps you love the idea of helping to shape future generations and you would like to become a teacher. You have the opportunity to work in a variety of sectors; from public to private schools, early years education centres, and even universities. An educator’s primary duties would involve developing and delivering the curriculum, assessing student progress, and providing support to students.
If you have a degree in community development and youth work and you want to progress your knowledge to help benefit the emotional development of young people, then pursuing your career journey in the education sector could be an excellent choice.
Social workers are caring individuals who are committed to helping people through challenging times in their lives. Daily duties can include:
- Identifying individuals and groups who need support
- Assess the needs, circumstances, and support needs of their clients
- Work with clients to determine achievable, actionable goals and plans to meet them
- Intervene in certain emergency situations that involve mental health, abuse, or trauma
- Maintaining clients’ case files, and paperwork
A master’s in human society can also help you work towards a career as a government officer. Working for local councils in education and social care, the role is an incredibly varied one and can help you gain a better insight into what goes on in UK politics. If you’re wondering what a typical day would look like, then you would see yourself developing policies, administering programmes, managing budgets, overseeing operations, and enforcing regulations.
MSc Human Society (with Specialism) degree
Interested in becoming an expert in a rewarding field that is vital to creating a positive impact? Let’s explore some of the benefits that we provide to our postgraduate students…
- We will help you become an expert in your chosen field by exposing you to our teaching-intensive, research-informed approach to supporting our focus on teaching quality
- We have strong and growing links with human services organisations and employers across the Northwest, offering excellent opportunities for coaching, networking and joint projects with experienced professional practitioners
- Upon completion of your master’s degree, your title will be chosen to reflect the focus of your studies. E.g., MSc Human Society with Youth Work
- Dr Selva Pankaj, the author of ‘Thinking into Character – A Proven Methodology for the Creation of Success & Self-Fulfilment’, is a valued partner of the University whose work will support you in the development of business and career planning, confidence, and knowledge
Let us help you reach your potential with an MSc Human Society (with Specialism) degree. Click here to read our course details and find out how you can start your postgraduate journey.
Alternatively, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01204 903807 for more information.