Why University Open Days Are So Important
12 Oct 21
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
Back to menu
Categories: Clearing, Undergradute
If you don’t have a university place, don’t panic! With Clearing, you could be able to snap up a place that has not yet been filled. Read on for our UCAS Clearing 2021 guide.
What Is UCAS Clearing?
UCAS Clearing is how universities fill any places they still have available on their courses. So, if you’re not enrolled on a university course yet or you have changed your mind, Clearing could enable you to locate a course that still has space so you can make an application.
You will need to apply via UCAS if you have already made an application on the platform for this current academic year and you wish to take a full-time undergraduate course. But don’t panic, as we will take you through the process so that you know exactly what to do.
Who Can Use UCAS Clearing? When Can I Make My Clearing Application?
- You can use UCAS Clearing if the following applies to you:
- You are applying after the 30th of June
- You did not get any offers that you wanted to accept
- You did not meet the conditions of the offers you received
- You have used the ‘decline my place’ button to decline your place
- You have paid the £25 multiple choice application fee
How to Apply Using Clearing
Here are the steps to follow if you would like to apply for a university place via Clearing:
1. Don’t be afraid to start off by asking for advice - We have a friendly and knowledgeable Clearing team here at the University of Bolton. We’d be more than happy to answer your questions.
2. Find out what courses are available - UCAS have a search function that enables you to find out what vacancies are available. There is no other official vacancy list, so you can be sure it is the most up-to-date.
3. Speak with any universities you’re interested in - You can find your Clearing number in Track, which you will need before you call any university. Make sure you have your Personal ID as well. Find out whether they would be willing to accept you and get an informal offer over the phone.
4. Add your Clearing choice in Track - Once you have permission from the university, you can click on ‘add Clearing choice’ to add this to your Track. This counts as an acceptance, and you can only add one at a time. However, if the university does not confirm your place, you can add another.
UCAS Clearing 2021 with the help of the University of Bolton
If you would like to find out more about our Clearing courses, all you need to do is give our team a call on 0808 281 1111. This is the easiest way to find out what courses still have spaces so you can choose the course that suits you best.
Our opening hours are 9am until 5pm. You can also send an email to Clearing@bolton.ac.uk and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Why Study at the University of Bolton?
We are delighted to have been voted No.1 for Student Satisfaction the past three years.* Vibrant, friendly, and inclusive, the University of Bolton provides a supportive and positive learning environment for students in Greater Manchester.
We have a wide range of courses across many specialist areas, including Accountancy, Clinical and Biomedical Sciences, Theatre, Media and Photography, Law, Mechanical Engineering, Games, Fashion and Textiles, Construction, Dental Technology, and much more.
You can find further information at email@example.com.
Come and enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe at the University of Bolton, we are proud to put our students and their needs first.