What can you do with a business degree?
21 Oct 21
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
Back to menu
Categories: Business Management, Retail, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Undergradute
There are many benefits of doing a marketing degree, but one of the best perks is being able to open multiple doors in different industries.
Fashion runways, sports events, the red carpet…these are tough spaces to get into. It’s always the most glamorous sectors, such as the world of fashion or the music industry that seem to capture our hearts.
Everyone is lining up for the fashion buyer job. People are queuing to be the next music video producer. As a result, supply and demand can be one of the main barriers to entering an industry, because too many people want to do the same thing!
Jobs in marketing are a great way to enter your dream industry and could mean less competition and a better chance of getting hired. Furthermore, you’ll be able to work in these dynamic environments while still getting to be creative, with a good salary to boot.
Marketing is a great field to get into because it applies to every industry and sector. From shops to business services, food products to technology, marketing is everywhere. It’s even important for healthcare, charities and government bodies.
Every business, brand or organisation has a marketing function, which makes a marketing degree highly sought after by employers. Graduates can overcome the main barriers to entering an industry by developing skills that are in demand.
If you dream of working in an industry such as fashion, marketing could be a viable route that could see you in the heart of the action.
Other reasons to consider marketing:
- Marketing projects are exciting and creative
- It can be hands-on, so you’ll learn a lot in a short space of time
- You’ll be able to use your skills anywhere, meaning you can switch sectors!
- Generally, it offers a good work/life balance
- It’s a social job with plenty of teamwork and collaboration
- Lots of opportunities for career growth
The University of Bolton’s BSc Hons Business Management (Marketing) degree is a fantastic dual-award that combines core business skills with marketing knowledge. Because the skills you pick up are completely transferable, you’ll be able to shape your career in any direction.
For instance, you could take your qualification into the world of fashion marketing, fashion retail, fashion wholesale, and more!
Some things you could do with a dual-award degree:
- Work in your dream industry as a marketing executive
- Start your own business and be your own boss
- Run a successful marketing agency (and specialise in any sector you want)
- Become a business marketing consultant
This programme is designed to combine fundamental business acumen with creativity and innovation. Training both sides of the brain, this dual-award degree is a fantastic way of boosting your employability.
- Leadership and people management skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving
- Business management in local, national and international contexts
- Key concepts in marketing (including digital marketing and social media marketing)
- The connection between marketing and nurturing the bottom line
…and much more!
Our team of passionate lecturers will work with you to carve out your ideal career path, and our dedicated Employability Team will be on hand to support your career ambitions every step of the way.
We rank No.1 for Teaching Quality and Student Experience in Business Courses in the North West.* Plus, for the past three years our students have voted us No.1 for Student Satisfaction.** So there’s nowhere better to embark on this journey than the University of Bolton.
To find out more about applying for our course in September 2021, head over to the BSc Hons Business Management (Marketing) course page for full details.
Or if you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on +44 (0)1204 903 394 or email@example.com.
* The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
**Complete University Guide in 2021, 2020 and 2019, North West region
No courses found
The Growth Company
The Growth Company