University of Bolton, Deane Road, Bolton. BL3 5AB
Back to menu
Back to menu
Study with an Off-Campus Partner
Information for Parents, Guardians and Teachers
Back to menu
Visit the Bolton Students Union
There are no shortcuts to success,
And nobody understands and appreciates this better than people with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Scott Belsky, the co-founder of Behance, has rightly said, “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” It takes intelligence, courage, hard work, and resilience to become an entrepreneur. And while everybody dreams of making it big, entrepreneurs are among the few who have the vision, strength, and zeal to make their dreams a reality.
But what exactly is entrepreneurship? And what does it take to become successful?
It builds a business around an idea or innovation, bearing all the risks and failures associated with the process, and enjoying all the rewards and success. The idea of becoming your own boss may have been daunting for the majority of people back in the day. But today, more and more people are daring to give entrepreneurship a go, thanks to innovation in science and technology and a more business-friendly ecosystem than before.
Even so, starting a new business and sustaining it beyond the crucial 5-year mark is no joke.
You need all the ingredients in the mix; a great idea, access to funds, a talented and skilled internal or external workforce, and a shrewd and intelligent business mind, to develop an innovative and sustainable start-up.
Successful businesspeople also have certain characteristics and skills that help them make it big in the business world.
- Multifaceted - The journey of entrepreneurship is often started solo. This is why they need to be adaptable and multi-skilled. If you can juggle all aspects of running a business, including sales, marketing, and managing clients and other stakeholders, you have what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur.
- Resilient – Does the idea of starting a business from scratch and managing it single-handedly give you goosebumps? If not, then entrepreneurship may be your true calling. Starting a new business may take considerable time and require exceptional hard work and dedication. You could be a future entrepreneur if you can stay courageous and ambitious and keep going even in the face of failure.
Intelligent – Being business smart is a must. Whether you’re just starting, branching into a new market, or are a seasoned businessperson, having business intelligence can help you make good profit and grow the enterprise.
Even if you don’t aspire to become the next Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Jobs, having or developing these qualities, along with others like communication and flexibility, can set you on the path to success in business.
If you have all of this and are still struggling to establish your start-up, you may be missing an important piece of the puzzle, education. That is where the University of Bolton’s degree in Business Start-up make a huge difference.
The accelerated 2-year degree program offers full-stack entrepreneurial knowledge and skills and helps you get started by providing access to relevant resources and contacts. The course offers:
- Tailored Teaching & Assessment
- Personalised Business Support
- Opportunities To Build a Credible Business Network
- Business Skills Development
- Financial Planning Advice
- Business Strategy Development
Why Choose the University of Bolton?
If you are motivated with budding entrepreneurial ambitions and a mind full of innovative business ideas, Bolton’s Business Start-up degree programme can take you several steps closer to bringing your ideas to life.
- Our business management and marketing courses have been voted first for Student Experience.
- Our students gain access to our business start-up support network, meaning they benefit from the advice and guidance of a business mentor who will support them in developing their business ideas.
- We use smaller group and tutorial teaching so you will benefit from the professional knowledge of our lecturers.
- Some of the course modules support you in taking a deep dive into your business to investigate business opportunities and problems, helping you devise realistic and implementable solutions.
- The University of Bolton is home to our £4 million Institute of Management building; located in Bolton town centre.
Interested to learn all about starting a promising new business? The University of Bolton is where you need to be! Let us help you pursue your business dreams and become the next big thing in your industry.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01204 903807 for more information regarding the course.