University of Bolton, Deane Road, Bolton. BL3 5AB
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
Study with an Off-Campus Partner
Information for Parents, Guardians and Teachers
Back to menu
Visit the Bolton Students Union
When planning your future, it is essential to consider and map out where that future is heading, and as importantly where the opportunities are, also for a generation as purpose-driven as yours, choosing a career that aligns with your values is the right thing to do. Sustainability is the recurrent theme that underlines where businesses need to focus. This is why the automotive industry has been witnessing explosive growth in recent years; thanks to electric vehicles (EV’s). And even though the industry has already made an impact with state-of-the-art EVs, there is still scope for more innovation in this promising and rewarding sector.
The ABCs Of Electric Vehicle
An EV or electric vehicle runs on electric power instead of non-renewable sources of energy like fossil fuel. They are valued for the positive impact they have on the environment. Due to negligible emissions, they have become increasingly popular globally. Based on data published in Statista, the Electric vehicles market is expected to grow to US $19.06bn in 2023, with an incremental growth of 14% expected by 2027.
What Makes Electric Vehicles The Transport Of The Future
Unlike normal combustible engine motors, the emission released by an electric vehicle is negligible. Even when you choose a hybrid model, the emissions are considerably less than in normal cars. Furthermore, with more and more government incentives towards the manufacturing of electric vehicles, organisations feel encouraged to innovate.
Significant Cost Benefits
Having an electric vehicle is more than just having a fancy nice-to-have mode of transport, ticking the green sustainable box. Electric vehicles offer multi-fold cost benefits, which include fuel efficiency and maintenance efficiency, both of which can save money in the long-term.
An electric vehicle has simple controls and basic functioning. This includes a simple accelerator, a brake and steering mechanism. It ensures that almost anybody and everybody can drive without any stress. Additionally, it is also noise-free, which reduces noise-related disturbances during driving.
- Improved Convenience
Electric vehicles are extremely convenient to use, considering they charge quickly and last a considerable amount of time. Additionally, they can be charged at home, without standing in long queues at petrol pumps.
Explore the University of Bolton's Electric Vehicle Technology Course
The University of Bolton is among the best institutions in the UK offering automotive technology courses, house of the National Centre of Motorsport Engineering. The courses offered in this college are designed to meet the highly demanding needs of the industry and offer a holistic professional experience. The multi-disciplinary BEng (Hons) Sustainable and Electric Vehicle Engineering degree touches upon verticals such as electrical, mechanical, automotive engineering and more; making the students industry ready.
- The course is conducted in a £13 million state-of-the-art facility
- The University has strong industrial partnerships, ensuring the course offerings align with industry requirements
- It meets the requirements of professional registration as a chartered engineer (CEng)
- The university gives students exposure to industry-standard computer-aided design and analysis software. It also ensures that the students can explore workshops, manufacturing facilities, fabrication and machining facilities.
- By studying alongside students and professionals from other engineering specialisms, benefiting from a wider range of knowledge and experience that supports cross-disciplinary thinking.
- Hypothesis and experiment are key elements in your learning, and our laboratory facilities are designed and equipped so that you can gain experience in applying and testing engineering and scientific principles.
- Course materials are available online in our virtual learning environment (VLE), allowing you to prepare work at home and make the most of the highly interactive in-class tuition.
Choose the University of Bolton to create a strong foundation in electric vehicle technology and become future-ready. Learn the basics and innovate to transform the world of electric vehicle technology as you know it.
If you would like to find out more about the BEng (Hons) Sustainable and Electric Vehicle Engineering degree course, please contact us at email@example.com or call on 01204 903807. At the University of Bolton, we are proud to put our students and their needs first.