The Committee is responsible for ensuring that the corporate objectives relating to staff and organisational development, equal opportunities and diversity are met and it has a management obligation to carry forward the work of the university and to report on matters of equality and diversity to the Board of Governors accordingly.
The university is committed to promoting equality, diversity and an inclusive and supportive environment for students, staff and others. Its strategic commitment is to promote diversity in its students and staff by recognising the particular contributions to the achievement of the university’s mission that can be made by individuals with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
On behalf of the Vice Chancellor’s Group of the university, the committee is responsible for:
- Developing and ensuring the implementation of the necessary policies and procedures to ensure that action is taken to promote and maintain good practice in equality and diversity matters;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of university policies on equality and diversity and assessing the impact they have on specific areas of activity;
- Considering and evaluating external reports and other evidence from external agencies which have a bearing on equality and diversity good practice;
- Advising on Human Resource development policy, procedures and practice to support the policy development;
- Reporting to the Vice Chancellor’s Group on human resource development and equality and diversity matters and as appropriate to the Board of Governors and Senate on equality and diversity matters.
If you would like to raise an issue or to have your opinion heard you can contact a representative of the equality and diversity committee by emailing Kerry Prescott at firstname.lastname@example.org.