UK and EU Students

If you would like to start a course in January then you can apply directly to the University of Bolton.

If you would like to start a course in January then you can complete a University of Bolton application form.

Please take a look at the courses on offer before calling – although we can advise, we can’t choose a course for you.

Step by step guide

You can find all of the courses that have a January start, with vacancies online on the University of Bolton website
No, UCAS cannot be used for January starts, you must apply using a University of Bolton application form.
Yes – we will need your permission to do this though so please be available to jump on the phone for a minute to give permission.
No, the University will be closed from Wednesday 21st December 2016 to Tuesday 3rd January 2017.
We're holding an Open Day on Saturday 26th November 2016 for you to visit the campus and find out more about where you may be studying in January. The day will run from 9am to 3pm and offers you the opportunity to take a student led tour of the campus, halls and Bolton.
To register for the Open Day, simply book your place online on the University website.  and you will receive an email confirming your booking, along with directions and parking instructions. The full programme will be able available online approximately 2 weeks prior, and will also be sent out to you by post.
If you can't make it to the dedicated day, then please call 01204 903807 or email to arrange a campus tour suitable for you. These can be arranged anytime Monday-Friday 9am-5pm to fit in with you schedule.
Yes ofcourse you can! All the Programme Leaders' contact details are available online under the 'how to apply' tab of the course pages. There will also be a tutor available from each subject area at the Open Day.
If you have an additional need and didn't declare it on your application form, please let us know as soon as possible. Declaring a disability does not impact your application in any way - it allows us to offer support to you as soon as possible. Our Disability team can discuss different options for you, please get in touch at or call 01204 903478.
You’ll also receive emails from us letting you know about what’s happening at the University, what you need to be doing, and extra information about your course of choice.
If you have qualifications to send in to us please email them to – this is the quickest way to get them to us, if you can’t email them then you can either bring them into the student centre, or post them to:
University of Bolton
Deane road
Please do not post originals.
We'll send enrolment instructions out in January so please keep checking your inbox and junk mail folder for these.
Yes, if you are an undergraduate and are either a full-time or part-time student you may be eligible for certain loans. However, if you are a postgraduate the terms vastly differ. The University's Student Funding Team.  are available to speak to regarding any queries about your eligibility for both Government and University funding. You may book an appointment with a member of the team or drop in and speak to an advisor at the Student Centre, every Tuesday between 10am and 12pm, and every Thursday between 2pm and 4pm. Alternatively, you may call 01204 903497 or 01204 903499 or email
Yes, normally the contract is for two semesters, but for January starters a single semester contract will be given. The semester two only contract will commence in January and will end in June. The University of Bolton has two halls of residence, Orlando Village and The Hollins, which provide 700 single study bedrooms. For more information regarding accommodation, please get in touch with Student Services.  on 01204903733 or email

Main Navigation