What Is Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 is a group of cloud services that Microsoft offers to subscribers. Our subscription means that University of Bolton staff and students can use some of these services, including:
- Downloading Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel...) applications to install them on your PC or Mac
- Editing documents online, with Word online and Excel online
- Access to Teams and online collaboration tools
- For an increasing number of students, accessing your email
Am I on Office 365?
If you are a student here, your email will be hosted in Office365. This means you have a much larger mailbox and cutting edge features, like the new Outlook Web App interface.
How do I access Office 365?
Login to your email at cloudmail.bolton.ac.uk.
Vist the University of Bolton Office 365 login page https://portal.office.com/ and sign in with your University email address and password.
Downloading Office 365 Applications
To download Office 2019 on your PC or Mac, you'll first need a license. Follow this link to be assigned a license. You only need to go through this wizard once:
After obtaining your license:
- Sign in to Office 365 with your email@example.com and password
- You'll arrive at something similar to the screen pictured below
- Select the 'Install Office' button at the top right of the screen
- Follow the download and install instructions
- Once you've installed the Office applications, you don't necessarily need to sign in to them, but doing so can help you sync up your documents.