What Is Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 is a group of cloud services that Microsoft offers to subscribers. Our subscription means that University of Bolton staff and students can use some of these services, including:
- Downloading Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel...) applications to install them on your PC or Mac
- Editing documents online, with Word online and Excel online
- Access to Teams and online collaboration tools
- For an increasing number of students, accessing your email
Am I on Office 365?
If you are a student here, your email will be hosted in Office365. This means you have a much larger mailbox and cutting edge features, like the new Outlook Web App interface.
How do I access Office 365?
Login to your email at cloudmail.bolton.ac.uk and use the menu button at the top left of your Exchange Online screen to access your Office 365 dashboard page.
Vist the University of Bolton Office 365 login page https://portal.office.com/ and sign in with your University email address and password.
Downloading Office 365 Applications
To download Office 2019 on your PC or Mac, you'll first need a license. Follow this link to be assigned a license. You only need to go through this wizard once:
After obtainin your license:
- Sign in to Office 365 with your email@example.com and passowrd
- You'll arrive at something similar to the screen pictured below
- Select the 'Intall Office' button at the top right of the screen
- Follow the download and install istructions
- Once you've installed the Office applications, you don't necessarily need to sign in to them, but doing so can help you sync up your documents.