Here are some examples of how you can achieve 300 UCAS points as accepted by the University of Bolton. There are obviously many other possible combinations - this is just a general guide. If specific subjects are required for your course these must be included in your tariff points calculation.
Not all qualifications are included in the UCAS tariff. If your qualification is not listed below, or you still have questions after reading this page, please contact us for advice.
Here at Bolton we do accept points from subjects like General Studies and Critical Thinking at A-level/AS-level. We will also count up to 40 points from Key Skills at Level 3/4, the Free-standing Mathematics qualifications or Higher Sports Leader Awards (or other similar qualifications). You can also combine points from different qualifications so long as they are not in the same subject.
- Three A2-levels at grades ABC / BBB
- Three A2-levels plus one AS-level at grades CCCa / BBDc, etc.
- One AVCE Double Award at grades BB plus one A2-level at grade B, etc.
BTEC Nationals (excluding Early Years)(NQF)
- One BTEC National Diploma at grades DDM (worth 320 points)
- One BTEC National Diploma at grades DMM plus a pass in one Key Skill at Level 3
- One BTEC National Certificate at grades DM plus one A2-level at grade B, etc.
BTEC Nationals (QCF)
- One BTEC Extended Diploma (Level 3) at grades DDM (worth 320 points)
- One BTEC Extended Diploma (Level 3) at grades DMM plus a pass in one Key Skill at Level 3
- One BTEC Diploma (Level 3) at grades DM plus one A2-level at grade B, etc.
Advanced Diplomas, Progression Diplomas and Principle Learning elements
- One Advanced Diploma, including the Progression Diploma at grade C plus one A2-level at grade B, etc.
Diploma in Foundation Studies (Art & Design)
- One Diploma in Foundation Studies at Distinction grade plus a pass in one Key Skill at Level 3 (worth 305 points)
- One Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma (with at least 300 points)
- One Welsh Baccalaureate Core pass (at Level 3) plus two A2-levels at grades BC, etc.
- Three Advanced Highers at grades BBC (worth 310 points)
- Two Advanced Highers at grades CC plus two Highers at grades BB (worth 310 points), etc.
- Five Highers at grades ABBCC (worth 310 points), etc.
Irish Leaving Certificates
- Five Higher Certificates at grades B1, B2, B2, B3, C1 (worth 309 points), etc.
- One IB Diploma with 26 IB points (worth 304 points)
- Three IB Higher Levels at grades 5,5,5 plus two IB Standard Levels at grades 5,4 (worth 310 points), etc.
Access to HE Diploma
Students would usually be expected to successfully complete their Access to HE Diploma and have achieved at least 45 level 3 credits at merit and/or distinction.
[back to top]