The content of your report is important, but, so too is how it looks. To make your report look polished and professional consider the following style tips:
- Double spacing the lines and typing on one side of the paper only.
- Leaving plenty of white space around the text.
- Clearly separating the different sections of the report.
- Using subheadings which stand out clearly on the page.
- Using bullet points, or numbering, to separate sections.
- Including graphs or tables to clarify complicated data.
- Numbering each page and each heading and sub-heading.
Think about the sort of language that is appropriate for your report: