Centre for Pedagogy:
We value the input and contributions of our mentors and assessors to our Education programmes and events. There are a number of ways in which our mentors and assessors contribute – see examples below:
- Attending our open events
- Providing feedback on their experiences of mentoring and assessing to assist us in our programme development
- Delivering a guest lecture on a current and ITE curriculum relevant aspect of teaching in the sector
- Delivering a talk at one of our Centre for Pedagogy events
- Providing feedback on ways in which we can develop our programme
Your activities of mentoring, teaching, supporting and assessing our students and your engagement with the University will provide additional evidence for your application if you are seeking a category of Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/
Contact Jane Lovatt for information on gaining Fellowship of the HEA or Sarah Telfer or Amanda Turner for further information on contributing to the ITE programme or attending one of our events. .
Events to look out for:
The next University of Bolton TEDx event will be held on Friday 28th April 2017 - to register visit: http://www.bolton.ac.uk/tedx/register2017/
There will be another 'Centre for Pedagogy' event held later in the academic year (June/July) so watch out for this.
Our trainee teachers will be presenting outcomes from their student-led research projects on the 11th May to which mentors will be invited so please pencil this date in your diary and further information will be sent nearer the time (pictures below from the last event).