Alumni Loyalty Discount 2018/19
The Alumni Loyalty Discount will be awarded to full-time and part-time U.K. and E.U. Masters students, irrespective of their financial means, who progress to a University of Bolton Taught Masters Course, having first completed an undergraduate Higher Education (H.E.) course of study or PGCE/PGDE/PDE/Cert Ed at University of Bolton. You must also have registered to become a member of the University of Bolton Alumni Association.
To register to become an Alumni member and for more information about Alumni please visit the link below:
£1,000 will be paid as a tuition fee waiver. For both full-time and part time students this award will be made over the anticipated duration of the course.
Eligibility for the Alumni Loyalty Discount
In order to apply you will need to demonstrate that:
- You have successfully completed an undergraduate H.E. course of study or PGCE/PGDE/PDE/Cert Ed at University of Bolton. There is no restriction on how long ago you completed the qualifying course.
- You must be studying a full-time or part-time Taught Masters MA or MSc course at the University of Bolton. ITT Teacher Training courses are not eligible courses for the Alumni Loyalty Discount as students on these courses are eligible to apply for undergraduate funding from the Student Loans Company. Please note the award will be paid for full 180 credit Masters courses only, not partial Masters courses or any other type of course.
- You must not be in receipt of any other award from the university.
- You must not be in receipt of any other kind of sponsorship towards your tuition fees for example from an employer.
- The course of study must have commenced in September 2018 or later.
Applying for the Alumni Loyalty Discount
In order to receive this award towards tuition fees students must have completed an application form. The form for the scholarship will be available in the Student Centre, Chancellor's Mall or can be downloaded from here
The following evidence should be included with your completed application form:
- A photocopy of your certificate or evidence of completion for your qualifying course of study from the University of Bolton.
- Evidence that you have registered to become a member/are a member of the University of Bolton Alumni Association.
The completed application and evidence can be submitted to the Student Centre or posted to:
Alumni Loyalty Discount
University of Bolton
Tel: 01204 903499
Notification of Award
You will be notified whether your application has been successful or not via your university email address.
The invoicing department will receive confirmation from the Student Funding team that you are eligible and will adjust your invoice accordingly.
If you defer entry onto your course of study you will need to re-apply for the Alumni Loyalty Discount before commencement of your studies.
If you are not awarded a fee waiver the university has a Student Funding advice team who can advise you on possible alternative sources of funding for postgraduate study:
Ms Karen Bentley: telephone 01204 903497 or Mrs Carol Gray: telephone 01204 903499 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding sources of funding for postgraduate study please visit:
Terms and conditions
Awards will not be paid to students undertaking industrial or work experience on a full time "sandwich" basis. Students studying abroad also will not be eligible to receive this award.
Students who transfer from B Eng to M Eng will not be eligible to receive the Alumni Loyalty Discount.
The Alumni Loyalty Discount shall not be awarded to full or part-time students studying PhD or MPhil courses.
The Alumni Loyalty Discount shall not be awarded for Research courses.
Please note the deadline for applications for courses commencing September 2018 is 31 October 2018.
Please note the deadline for applications for courses commencing January 2019 is 28 February 2019.
The Alumni Loyalty Discount will be paid for first Masters courses only, not second or subsequent courses.
Payments will be terminated if the student withdraws, transfers to another institution, fails their programme of study, or interrupts or suspends their studies.
Payments are subject to continuing and satisfactory attendance on the course.
Student Services version 2 02/08/17