We are a modern and dynamic university with an academic heritage dating back nearly 200 years and a long and a long and proud history of delivering top-class, industry-relevant courses.
The University campus continues to grow and expand with an ambitious multi-million-pound estates development programme to create an unbroken education corridor connecting the campus to Bolton Town Centre. Major developments include:
- In 2017 we open the National Centre for Motorsport Engineering right here on campus, providing a world-leading environment for advanced performance engineers, games developers and design engineers.
- Our new Institute of Management is scheduled to open in 2017 in the heart of the town centre at the newly developed Bolton Central facility.
- The University's stategic headquarters moves to the iconic Le Mans Crescent behind the Town Hall in 2017, strengthening the bond between the University and town further.
- The UK's most successful University Technical College was opened on campus in September 2015 with an investment of £10m.
- £13m Queen's Specialist Building housing Biological Sciences, Dental, Theatre and Teacher Training courses.
- Development of a new Student Village with new halls of residence in the centre of Bolton.
It isn't just the University campus that is changing in the next few years, Bolton Town Centre has seen major regeneration in recent years - watch the video below to find out more!