Please note that these UCAS points are to be used for those applying to study a course from September 2017 onwards. If you are planning to start a course before this date then please hit 'back' to find the alternative entry criteria.
The full UCAS tariff can be found on the UCAS website.
Here are some examples of how you can achieve 64 UCAS points as accepted by the University of Bolton. There are obviously many other possible combinations - this is just a general guide.
If specific subjects are required for your course these must be included in your tariff points calculation. Not all qualifications are included in the UCAS tariff. If your qualification is not listed below, or you still have questions after reading this page, please contact us for advice using the contact details to the right.
Here at Bolton we do accept points from subjects like General Studies and Critical Thinking at A-level/AS-level. We will also count up to 12 points from Key Skills at Level 3/4, the Free-standing Mathematics qualifications or Higher Sports Leader Awards (or other similar qualifications). You can also combine points from different qualifications so long as they are not in the same subject.
- Two A2-levels at grades CC / BD / AE
- Three A2-levels at grades DDE
- Two A2-levels plus two AS-levels at grades DDee / CEee, etc.
- Two A2-levels plus one AS-level at grades DDc, etc.
- One A2-level at grade A plus passes in two Key Skills at Level 3
- One AVCE Double Award at grades CC
- One AVCE Double Award at grades DD plus passes in two Key Skills at Level 3
- One ACVE Single Award at grade A plus passes in two Key Skills at Level 3
BTEC Nationals (excluding Early Years) (NQF)
- One BTEC National Diploma at grades MPP
- One BTEC National Diploma at grades PPP plus passes in two Key Skills at Level 3
- One BTEC National Certificate at grades MM
- One BTEC National Certificate at grades MP plus passes in two Key Skills at Level 3
- One BTEC National Award at grade D plus passes in two Key Skills at Level 3
BTEC Nationals (QCF)
- One BTEC Extended Diploma (Level 3) at grades MPP
- One BTEC Diploma (Level 3) at grades MM
- One BTEC Subsidiary Diploma (Level 3) at grade D plus one AS-level at grade C
Advanced Diplomas, Progression Diplomas, Principle Learning and Extended Project elements
- One Progression Diploma at grade C (worth 200 points)
- One Advanced Diploma including the Progression Diploma at grade E plus one A2-level at grade D, etc.
- One Principle Learning element at grade C plus one A2-level at grade E, etc.
- One Extended Project element at grade A plus one A2-level at grade B, etc.
Diploma in Foundation Studies (Art & Design)
- One Diploma in Foundation Studies at Pass grade
- One Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
- One Welsh Baccalaureate Core pass (at Level 3) plus two A2-levels at grades EE
- The options elements will still be counted if an applicant does not achieve the full Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma.
- Two Advanced Highers at grades CD
- One Advanced Higher at grade A plus passes in two Core Skills at Higher Level
- Three Highers at grades BBD
- Two Highers at grades AA
Irish Leaving Certificates
- Two Higher Certificates at grades A1, A2
- Three Higher Certificates at grades B2, C1, C2
- One IB Diploma with 24 IB points
- Three IB Higher Levels at grades 4,4,4 plus one IB Standard Level at grade 3
- Two IB Higher Levels at grades 5,5 / 6,4
Access to HE Diploma
Students would usually be expected to successfully complete their Access to HE Diploma.
- 45 credits at level 3 (6 distinction, 3 merit, 36 pass)
- 45 credits at level 3 (3 distinction, 9 merit, 33 pass)
[back to top]