Please note that these UCAS points are to be used for those applying to study a course from September 2017 onwards. If you are planning to start a course before this date then please hit 'back' to find the alternative entry criteria.
The full UCAS tariff can be found on the UCAS website.
Here are some examples of how you can achieve 120 UCAS points as accepted by the University of Bolton. There are obviously many other possible combinations - this is just a general guide.
If specific subjects are required for your course these must be included in your tariff points calculation. Not all qualifications are included in the UCAS tariff. If your qualification is not listed below, or you still have questions after reading this page, please contact us for advice using the contact details to the right.
Here at Bolton we do accept points from subjects like General Studies and Critical Thinking at A-level/AS-level. We will also count up to 12 points from Key Skills at Level 3/4, the Free-standing Mathematics qualifications or Higher Sports Leader Awards (or other similar qualifications). You can also combine points from different qualifications so long as they are not in the same subject.
- Three A2-levels at grades ABC / BBB
- Three A2-levels plus one AS-level at grades CCCa / BBDc
- One AVCE Double Award at grades BB plus one A2-level at grade B
BTEC Nationals (excluding Early Years)(NQF)
- One BTEC National Diploma at grades DDM
- One BTEC National Diploma at grades DMM plus a pass in one Key Skill at Level 3
- One BTEC National Certificate at grades DM plus one A2-level at grade B
BTEC Nationals (QCF)
- One BTEC Extended Diploma (Level 3) at grades DDM
- One BTEC Extended Diploma (Level 3) at grades DMM plus a pass in one Key Skill at Level 3
- One BTEC Diploma (Level 3) at grades DM plus one A2-level at grade B
Advanced Diplomas, Progression Diplomas and Principle Learning elements
- One Advanced Diploma, including the Progression Diploma at grade C plus one A2-level at grade B
Diploma in Foundation Studies (Art & Design)
- One Diploma in Foundation Studies at Distinction grade plus a pass in one Key Skill at Level 3
- One Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
- One Welsh Baccalaureate Core pass (at Level 3) plus two A2-levels at grades BC
- Three Advanced Highers at grades BBC
- Two Advanced Highers at grades CC plus two Highers at grades BB
- Five Highers at grades ABBCC
Irish Leaving Certificates
- Five Higher Certificates at grades B1, B2, B2, B3, C1
- One IB Diploma with 26 IB points
- Three IB Higher Levels at grades 5,5,5 plus two IB Standard Levels at grades 5,4
Access to HE Diploma
Students would usually be expected to successfully complete their Access to HE Diploma.
- 45 credits at level 3 (33 distinction, 3 merit, 9 pass)
- 45 credits at level 3 (30 distinction, 9 merit, 6 pass)
[back to top]