Nationals of the countries listed here are required to register with the police upon arrival in the UK if their stay is expected to be 6 months or longer. Your visa will state 'Police Registration with 7 days of UK entry' or 'Register/Report to the Police'

You must register with the police within 7 days of arrival in the UK. You will be required to attend the International Visitor’s office which is based at Greenheys Police Station, Charles Halle Road, Manchester, M15 6NP. You will need to make an appointment before arriving to register, you can do this by telephoning 0161 856 3320 or 0161 856 3317 or email .

You will need the following to take the following with you to the appointment:

  • Passport
  • Offer letter from educational establishment
  • CAS statement (If Tier 4)
  • Address confirmation
  • Visa
  • 1 passport sized photograph
  • £34 this can be paid by debit card or cash

Once you have registered with the police you will need to keep them informed about the following changes within 7 days:

  • Your UK Contact address
  • You Passport details
  • If you switch immigration category or obtain an extension
  • Your place of study/course details
  • Your marital status.

It is extremely important that you keep your police registration certificate up to date. You will need to submit the certificate with any future visa applications. Failure to keep this up to date may be considered as a breach of immigration rules.

At the end of your studies, before you return home you must return the Police Registration certificate to the International Visitor's Office. 

Last reviewed April 2016