In order to study in the UK nationals from outside of the EEA (European Economic Areas) will need a visa that permits study. To find out if you need a visa please check the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) web pages

Tier 4 of the Points Based System is the route for students wishing to study in the UK. The University's Immigration and Welfare Officer is able to provide advice and guidance to students who need to extend their Tier 4 visa, advise them of their responsibilities whilst they are in the UK and provide information about working in the UK during and after studies. 

If you have any questions about Tier 4 or your immigration status in the UK you should read through the information on these webpages carefully. If you have any specific questions you may wish to attend a drop-in session in the Student Centre or contact the Immigration and Welfare Officer by telephone or e-mail.

Drop in sessions:

Monday: 2pm - 4pm
Tuesday: 10am - 12 noon
Thursday: 2pm - 4pm
Friiday: 10am - 12 noon

Telephone: 01204 903496



Last reviewed April 2016