The University of Bolton is committed to the highest level of researcher development at a personal and professional level to allow researchers to reach their full potential. The Research and Graduate School offers a comprehensive Research Degree Student Development Programme that includes:
- an induction programme to life at the University and as a research degree student
- weekly workshops to enhance your research skills delivered by research staff from across the university
- research methods seminars and workshops
- online resources available through our virtual learning environment for all workshops and training programmes
- progress monitoring and development review
- annual research degree student conference hosted by the Postgraduate Research Students Society
- annual Research Summer School
As a research degree student at the University of Bolton, you will be encouraged to engage with the workshops, seminars and research degree student conference.
As well as engaging with University of Bolton workshops, seminars and research events, the Research and Graduate School encourages all researchers to make use of the VITAE Researcher Development Planner and the VITAE Researcher Development Framework. As a member of VITAE, University of Bolton research degree students benefit from the VITAE researcher development insight and expertise.