At the University of Bolton we are a community of professionals committed to developing our students for their professional lives.
Ask our students and they will tell you it’s the high levels of support, in and out of academic study, that makes the University of Bolton stand out.
Whatever course you choose, we’re committed to you as an individual. Giving you the best start for your professional future is at the heart of all we do. Our excellent teaching and student facilities are centred around a helpful and stimulating environment. Our staff are highly qualified and experienced and are your key to a successful career.
This is why:
- In the latest National Student Survey published in 2011, which asked students what they thought of their own universities, we ranked joint top out of the Greater Manchester universities for student satisfaction;
- When our students graduate 93% are working or engaged in further study within six months (Higher Education Statistical Agency, 2005);
- The Government’s quality control agency for universities, the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), has given us the highest level of recommendation possible in its recent institutional audit (published 2006);
- We also have QAA ‘excellent’ ratings for subjects including biology, education, health studies, nursing, philosophy, psychology and textiles while our research in metallurgy and materials, English and philosophy is recognised as having national, and in some instances, international importance;
- We invest in our students’ environment. We spent an average of £332 per full-time education student on facilities last year. This places us 7th highest in England out of 109. (Higher Education Funding Council for England, 2005)