The Alumni Taught Masters Scholarship will be awarded to full-time and part-time U.K. and E.U. Masters students, irrespective of their financial means, who progress to a University of Bolton Taught Masters Course, having first completed an undergraduate Higher Education (H.E.) course of study or PGCE/PGDE/PDE/Cert Ed at University of Bolton. You must also have registered to become a member of the Bolton Alumni Association.
To register to become an Alumni member and for more information about Alumni please visit the link below:
£1,000 will be paid as a tuition fee waiver, for full-time students the award will be made within one academic year, for part-time students the award will be made over the anticipated duration of the course.
Eligibility for the scholarship
In order to apply you will need to demonstrate that:
- You have successfully completed an undergraduate H.E. course of study or PGCE/PGDE/PDE/Cert Ed at University of Bolton. There is no restriction on how long ago you completed the qualifying course.
- You must be studying a full-time or part-time Taught Masters course at University of Bolton. ITT Teacher Training courses are not eligible courses for the Alumni Taught Masters Scholarship as students on these courses are eligible to apply for undergraduate funding from the Student Loans Company. Please note the award will be paid for full 180 credit Masters courses only, not partial Masters courses.
- You must not be in receipt of any other award from the university.
- You must not be in receipt of any other kind of sponsorship towards your tuition fees for example from an employer.
- The course of study must have commenced in September 2016 or later.
Applying for the Scholarship
In order to receive the scholarship towards fees students must have completed an application form. The form for the scholarship will be available in the Student Centre, Chancellor's Mall or at the link below:
Alumni Taught Masters Scholarship application form
The completed application, along with photocopies of certificates to show completion of your qualifying course of study at University of Bolton can be submitted to the Student Centre or posted to:
Alumni Masters Scholarship Scheme
University of Bolton
Tel: 01204 903497
E mail: email@example.com
Notification of Award
You will be notified whether your application has been successful or not via your university e mail address.
The invoicing department will receive confirmation from the Student Funding team, that you are eligible and will adjust your invoice accordingly.
If you defer entry onto your course of study you will need to re-apply for the Alumni Masters Scholarship before commencement of your studies.
If you are not eligible for the Scholarship you can contact our University Student Funding Advisors on 01204 903497 or 01204 903499/903448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice on possible alternative sources of funding for postgraduate study.
For further information regarding sources of funding for postgraduate study please visit: www.bolton.ac.uk/pgfinance
Terms and conditions
The Alumni Masters Scholarship will be paid for first Masters courses only, not second or subsequent courses.
Scholarships will not be paid to students undertaking industrial or work experience on a full time "sandwich" basis. Students studying abroad also will not be eligible to receive the Scholarship.
Students who transfer from BEng to MEng will not be eligible to receive the Taught Masters Alumni Scholarship.
The Alumni Taught Masters Scholarship shall not be awarded to full or part-time students studying PhD or MPhil courses.
- Applications for courses commencing September 2016 is 31 October 2016.
- Applications for courses commencing January 2017 is 28 February 2017.
- Please note the information above is subject to change.
- Page last reviewed and updated April 2017.