The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018: the results are in!
Posted on Friday 29th September 2017
Results of The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018 are in and there’s good news for the University of Bolton!
Supporting the university’s highly-respected vision of being a Teaching Intensive Research Informed (TIRI) institution, the University of Bolton remained in the top 40 in the UK for teaching quality after ranking 32 out of 120.
The university also takes pole position as number one for teaching quality in Greater Manchester.
Additionally, University of Bolton climbed 28 places for overall student experience, now ranking 71 out of 120 higher-education institutions.
Other notable highlights include:
- Accountancy and finance ranked number one in the UK for student experience and second in the UK for teaching quality
- English occupies the top spot in the UK for student experience and is within the top five institutions for teaching quality
- Nursing sits at number two in the UK for teaching quality, top five for student experience and number one in the North West for both criteria
- Psychology ranked in the top five UK institutions for teaching quality
- Art and design achieved top 20 status for teaching quality
- Biological Sciences entered the top 15 for teaching quality