Ground breaking student as partners research project: uBolt mobile app
Posted on Friday 29th September 2017
Dr’s Duncan Cross and Julie Prescott secured a HEFCE £33,400 to employ students to design and develop an intervention to enhance teaching and learning in higher education. Students Pippa Iliff (Psychology), Daniel Edmondson (Education), Yves Fuala (Biomedical and Sports Science) have been working with games students Finbar de Toms-Scott and Farjad “Flubz” Mohammad developing the first of two interventions, a mobile app designed by and for University of Bolton students. The app includes a number of features.
Key features of the app
- Games bases around digital literacy, generic study skills and key university infrastructure.
- Live leader board
- Fully interactive university map
- Leap online
- Full contact ability for all academic staff both Email and Tel Contact
- Key links to Leap online, Moodle, Union and university events.
- Live Cross campus CPU availability
- Easy access to your time table
- Search feature for room location and Staff location
- Social interaction and ability to meet new people
How to download the app
Will be available for download Monday 2nd October – help guide available