Welcome to the Bolton website pages specifically for our students (and colleagues) from Hong Kong. Thank you for visiting the website and congratulations for making the decision to study in the UK.

The University of Bolton warmly welcomes students from Hong Kong and a large number join the university each year along with a number of students from other far-eastern countries.

The university has visited Hong Kong many times in the past years and works very closely with the representatives in-country.

We will be visiting again soon so if you would like to meet a member of the team or if you would like to discuss new opportunities then please contact either the university directly or one of our excellent representatives.

The University of Bolton is located in a region of the UK that has attracted international people from a number of years. Bolton itself is highly multi-cultural and diverse and as such, international student always feel very welcome. The town of Bolton has many provisions for people from all backgrounds and of all religions and the university has dedicated prayer rooms for all students use.

The University also has an excellent International Society that all international students are automatically members of. This society organises activities for all students including International evenings, social activities and sight-seeing trips around the UK. Alongside this, the Students' Union has many sporting activities and social events to keep students entertained during their studies.

Specific Courses of Interest

Entry Requirements

Foundation / Access

If you do not meet the entry requirements for Year 1 entry you may be considered for an access/foundation programme.

Undergraduate entry to year 1

 Completion of Diploma / Higher Diploma

 Completion of Associate Degree

We accept applications for entry to year 2 & 3; however these are assessed on a case by case basis.


 Completion of Bachelor Degree with minimum lower second class

English Language

GCSE / A-Level English grade C for entry into all courses. Alternatively you must complete a recognised English Language test eg IELTS.

If you do not meet the English language entry requirements, you can undertake a pre-sessional English language programme.