Welcome to the Bolton website pages specifically for our students (and colleagues) from Bangladesh. Thank you for visiting the website and congratulations for making the decision to study in the UK.
The University of Bolton warmly welcomes students from Bangladesh and a few students join the university each year along with many students from other countries in the region.
We will be visiting again soon so if you would like to meet a member of the team or if you would like to discuss new opportunities then please contact either the university directly or one of our excellent representatives.
The University of Bolton is located in a region of the UK that has attracted international people from a number of years. Bolton itself is highly multi-cultural and diverse and as such, international student always feel very welcome. The town of Bolton has many provisions for people from all backgrounds and of all religions and the university has dedicated prayer rooms for all students use.
The University also has an excellent International Society that all international students are automatically members of. This society organises activities for all students including International evenings, social activities and sight-seeing trips around the UK. Alongside this, the Students' Union has many sporting activities and social events to keep students entertained during their studies.
Specific Courses of Interest
Foundation / Access
If you do not meet the entry requirements for Year 1 entry you may be considered for a foundation / access programme.
- Holders of A-Levels in suitable subjects
- Completion of a Diploma in Engineering with minimum grades of 60%
- Completion of a Polytechnic Diploma with minimum grades of 60%
- Completion of a 2 year Bangladesh Bachelor Ordinary Degree of Arts, Science or Commerce
We accept applications for entry to year 2 & 3; however these are assessed on a case by case basis.
- Completion of a 4 year Bachelors (Honours) degree with a first class - 60% or above
- Completion of BUET 4 year Bachelors (Honours) degree with 60% or above
- Completion of a 2 year Bachelor (Honours) plus 2 year Masters with a first class.
Foundation programme IELTS 5.0 (or equivalent)
Undergraduate programmes IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent)
Postgraduate programmes normally IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent)
If you do not meet the English language entry requirements, you can undertake a pre-sessional English language programme.