Dr. Chan H . See received a first class BEng Honours degree in Electronic, Telecommunication and Computer Engineering and a PhD degree from the University of Bradford, UK in 2002 and 2007 respectively. Since 2013, He is appointed as a lecturer in Engineering (Electrical & Electronic) within the Engineering, Sports and Sciences (ESS) Academic Group. Previously, he was a senior research fellow in the Antennas and Applied Electromagnetics research group within the University of Bradford, UK. From November 2006 to February 2009, he was appointed as a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Associate which was sponsored by Yorkshire Water Services (YWS), UK. This work focused on the development of wireless low cost communication system to monitor the drainage infrastructure owned by YWS. Dr See is a Chartered Engineer and Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET). He has an NVQ level 4 in Management from the Chartered Management Institute.
Current research interests :
- Electromagnetic hybrid numerical methods, such as, (MoM/FDTD) and (FEM/FDTD) for complex electromagnetic problems.
- Antenna/Antenna-filter/tunable antenna/MIMO antenna designs using new materials for wireless communication systems and bio-medical applications .
- Health issues and hazards on using Mobile handsets/Portable devices.
- RF and Microwave circuit designs.
- Optimisation techniques, e.g. Genetic algorithms and Particle Swarm for antenna design applications.
- Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) design and implementation for sewer infrastructure monitoring.
- Low cost acoustic sensor design for blockage and leakage detection.
Awards & Prizes:
- Asia-Pacific Radio Science Conference (AP-RASC’10), Young Scientist Award , Toyama, Japan, September 2010. **This conference is sponsored by International Union of Radio Science (URSI) and The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE)
- A completed KTP project (no.1421) has been recognised by the British Technology Strategy Board (TSB) as outstanding and awarded the project a Grade A which is a highest grade achieved by only 4% of completed UK KTP projects. A Certificate of Excellent has been awarded in 2009 for this achievement.
- The XXIX General Assembly of the International Union of Radio Science (Union Radio Scientifique Internationale-URSI) URSI Young Scientist Award , United States National Committee of The International Union of Radio Science, Chicago USA, August 2008
Selected recent publications:
- T. Mueller, C.H. See, A. Ghani, A. Bati, P. Thiemann, "Direct flux control – Sensorless control method of PMSM for all speeds – basics and constraints," Electronic Letters, Vol.53, pp.1110-1111, August 2017.
- K. Ramli, R.A. Abd-Alhameed, C.H. See , P.S. Excell, and J.M. Noras, “Hybrid Computational Scheme for Antenna-Human Body Interaction,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research (PIER) , vol. 133, pp.117-136, 2013.
- C.H. See , R.A. Abd-Alhameed, H.I. Hraga, N.J. McEwan, P.S. Excell, and J.M. Noras ,“A Low-Profile Ultra-Wideband Modified Planar Inverted-F Antenna,” IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation , vol.61, no. 1, pp.100-108, Jan. 2013.
- C.H. See , R.A. Abd-Alhameed, Z.Z. Abidin, N.J. McEwan and P.S. Excell, “Wideband Printed MIMO/Diversity Monopole Antenna for WiFi/WiMAX Applications,” IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation , vol.60, no.4, pp.2028-2035, April 2012
- C.H. See , R.A. Abd-Alhameed, S.W.J. Chung, D. Zhou, H. Al-Ahmad, and P.S. Excell, “The Design of a Resistively Loaded Bowtie Antenna for Applications in Breast Cancer Detection Systems,” IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation , vol.60, no.5, pp.2526-2530, May 2012.
- C.H. See , K.V. Horoshenkov, R.A.Abd-Alhameed, Y.F. Hu and S.J. Tait ,“A Low Power Wireless Sensor Network for Gully Pot Monitoring in Urban Catchments”, IEEE Sensors Journal , vol.12, no. 5, pp.1545-1553, May 2012.
- C.H.See ,R.A. Abd-Alhameed, D.Zhou, H.I.Hraga and P.S Excell, “A Broadband Dual Planar Inverted F-Antenna for WLAN/WiMAX and Lower-band UWB Wireless Applications”, IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation , vol.5, no.6, pp.644-650, 2011.
- C.H.See , R.A. Abd-Alhameed, D.Zhou, T.H.Lee, and P.S Excell, “A Crescent-shaped Multiband Planar Monopole Antenna for Mobile Wireless Applications”, IEEE Antenna Wireless Propagation Letters , vol.9, pp.152-155, 2010.
- R. A. Abd-Alhameed, D. Zhou, C. H. See , and P. S. Excell, "A Wire-Grid Adaptive Meshing Program for Microstrip Patch Antenna Designs Using a Genetic Algorithm", IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine , vol.51, no.1, pp. 147-151, Feb 2009
- C.H. See , R.A. Abd-Alhameed, D.Zhou and P.S. Excell, “Dual-Frequency Planar Inverted F-L-Antenna (PIFLA) for WLAN and Short Range Communication Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol.56, No.10, pp.3318-3320, Oct. 2008
- C.H. See, R.A. Abd-Alhameed and P.S. Excell, “Computation of Electromagnetic Fields in Assemblages of Biological Cells Using a Modified Finite Difference Time Domain Scheme”, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques , vol.55, no.9, pp. 1986-1994, Sept. 2007.