MEMS (Microelectromechanical systems) or Microsystems is an emerging research area at CMRI encompassing a class of microdevices with dimensions ranging from millimeter to nanometers with large surface area to volume ratio and typically made using microfabrication technologies.
IMRI developments and application areas include microelectronics, telecommunications, drugs discovery, life sciences and space exploration. The current focus of the group includes:
- MEMS technologies and reliability
- Miniaturized medical tools
- Wearable sensors and microsystems
- Biochemical sensors
- Microfluidics and Lab-on-a-chip
- Micro-energy generator and renewable energy devices