Directorate of Institutional Advancement
Events & Event Management
The Events team within the Directorate for Institutional Advancement, support all areas of the University, through the effective management of both internal and external events. They help to maintain brand consistency, internally and with external partners, providing guidance for corporate branding, organisation, and adherence to relevant Health & safety policy in- line with University led initiatives.
One of the ways the DIA creates opportunities for the University of Bolton, is by creatively delivering diverse events; these include anything from the traditional University graduation ceremony to individual departmental events- such as the annual Art & Design Creative Degree Show.
To promote student and university professional networks, there have been a series of events entitled ‘An Evening with…’ across all teaching departments of the university. These events are hosted by Mr Gordon Burns himself and give our guests and students an insight into the journey of some of the North West’s most prestigious business men and women. The UoB’s stakeholders from across the North West are welcomed to these events and have the chance to network with the University's students and other industry professionals.
The Event team’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support and management of internal events dependant on requirements
- Brand and reputation management of the University by monitoring events are in adherence with both legal requirements, University policies and procedures
- Facilitation of external events dependant on requirements
- Central point of contact for all events activity across the University
- Co-ordination of external event sponsorship and participation by the University dependant on focus of activity
- Co-ordination of marketing campaigns which may be required to accompany event activity
A selection of recent events