The following interactive tools will help you to explore your career choices further, taking into account your skills, interests, experience and motivations:
: Offers you a systematic way of defining your own interests, skills, motivations and values, matching these to a list of relevant graduate occupations. Developed specifically for Higher Education students, it will help identify what you want from a job and will generate potential ideas. A user guide is available to help you navigate the system.
The system will not tell you what to do, but will support your career planning in a methodical and organised way.
TARGETjobs Careers Report
: uses questionnaires and psychometric tests to explore your interests, strengths, personality and abilities and matches you to jobs that would suit you.
The questionnaires and psychometric tests take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- You don't have to do everything in one sitting: you can return to the Careers report tools and assessments as many times as you wish.
- You can download your own personal Careers Report and action plan to take away and review: download an example Careers Report.
- You can use the Careers Report to practice psychometric tests and see where you stand against other graduates and students.
Using this tool is FREE, but you do need to be registered with targetjobs.co.uk and signed in.
Toolkits and E-Books
Check out the following link for a wide range of toolkits and ebooks from jobs.ac.uk. Many of the titles include:
- How to apply for an academic job
- Career planning for PhDs
- Essential teaching skills ebook
- Career planning ebook
- Career change toolkit
Click on the following link for more information: http://www.jobs.ac.uk/careers-advice/resources/ebooks-and-toolkits